Tips to assure you receive information e-mailed from IGFOA
List IGFOA as a Trusted Sender - put the following e-mail addresses in your e-mail contact list, address book, trusted sender list or approved sender list (whatever the name may be in their email client).
Whitelist websites and email service providers that IGFOA uses- A whitelist is the opposite of a blacklist. Instead of listing IP addresses to block, a whitelist includes IP addresses that have been approved to deliver email despite blocking measures. It is common practice for ISPs to maintain both a blacklist and a whitelist. IGFOA uses the following trusted email service providers to distribute announcements, newsletters, and surveys:
Check your IGFOA membership profile – You can control how much information you receive from IGFOA by adjusting the selections in your on-line IGFOA membership directory listing. Use the Members Login at http://www.igfoa.org to access My Profile. Your membership profile contains a field called Notices and Member News. Here you can indicate the type of IGFOA news and information you wish to receive. You have the following options:
- All Notices – select this to receive all announcements included below from IGFOA
- General News and Announcements – select this to receive only general membership information, training announcements and e-newsletters. This category included in All Notices.
- Jobline – select this to receive the weekly IGFOA Jobline newsletter. This category included in All Notices.
- Legislative Updates – select this option to receive periodic legislative news. This category included in All Notices.
- Surveys – select this to receive periodic surveys. This category included in All Notices.
- None – select this option to be removed from IGFOA e-mailing lists. Please allow 30 days for this selection to be applied to all IGFOA e-mail lists.
You may select multiple options by holding down the Ctrl key while clicking on a selection. If None is part of a multiple selection set, it will override all other selections,
Refrain from “unsubscribing” from an IGFOA e-mail announcement – our e-mail delivery services include an automatic unsubscribe feature to comply with federal regulations. If you follow the instructions to unsubscribe from an IGFOA generated e-mail, it is very difficult to add your e-mail back into the IGFOA distribution list. Only use the unsubscribe option if you do not wish to receive any type of information from IGFOA.
Get IGFOA e-mail to your inbox – e-mails may get through your server only to land in your junk or trash folder in your email client. Set up a rule or preference to automatically allow any e-mail message containing IGFOA to go to your inbox. Another option is to create a separate inbox just for IGFOA e-mail.
How will you know if you are missing e-mail announcements? If you don’t recall receiving an email from IGFOA during the past week, try the following steps:
- search your email folders for IGFOA
- visit your Member Profile (see instructions in #3 above) and make review your Notices and Members News selections
- contact your IT staff to assure the email services IGFOA uses are getting past your server
Information or announcements you may have missed can be found at http://www.igfoa.org.
Still having difficulty? Contact IGFOA