Utility Billing Seminar - Regional Webcast
Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 8:30 AM–4:00 PM
See Description for locations
- Members $85.00 Before Jun 14, 2017 $95.00 Between Jun 14, 2017 and Jun 22, 2017
- Government staff members $95.00 Before Jun 14, 2017 $105.00 Between Jun 14, 2017 and Jun 22, 2017
- Non-members $115.00 Before Jun 14, 2017 $125.00 Between Jun 14, 2017 and Jun 22, 2017
If you are the IGFOA Member and would like to register staff that are not members or do not have a username and password, please so not signin with your username and password. Access the event's online registration form at http://www.igfoa.org/events without signing in with your username and password. When completing the form, please select the registrant type "Government Staff Member". The sign in link can also be found at the top of every page on the website above the IGFOA logo. The link text reads "Welcome, IGFOA members! Sign in".
Session Description: Join with other municipal utility billing personnel for a seminar and peer discussion on utility billing processes including understanding common customer water meter questions and concerns and appropriate responses to those questions; current water meter technology trends; best practices in utility billing; and utility billing legal issues to be considered. Participants will be encouraged to share their own experience with regional groups as specific topics are discussed. This seminar is an excellent opportunity to network and learn what is being done in other communities.
LOCATIONS - attend at one of the host sites listed below:
• Aurora City Hall, 44 E Downer Place, Aurora, IL 60505
• Collinsville City Hall, 125 South Center Street, Collinsville, IL 62234
• Lake Zurich Village Hall, 70 E. Main St., Lake Zurich, IL, 60047
• Manhattan Village Hall, 260 Market Place, Manhattan, IL 60442
• Moline Water Treatment Plant, 30 - 18th Street, Moline, IL 61265
• Plainfield Village Hall Boardroom, 24401 W. Lockport St., Plainfield, IL 60544
• Schaumburg Prairie Center for the Arts, 201 Schaumburg Court, Schaumburg, IL 60193
Intended Audience: Local government clerical and support staff involved in the utility billing process.
• Water Meters – Customer Frequently Asked Questions and How We Should Respond
• Best Practices, Policies and Procedures in Utility Billing
• If I Only Knew Then What I Know Now
• Legal Aspects of Utility Billing
AGENDA AND SPEAKERS
Learning Objectives - Participants completing this session will be able to:
• Enhance your customer service skills by exploring frequently asked water meter questions and concerns and learn recommended customer service responses.
• Discover new practices and procedures that you can implement in your community to increase efficiency, improve customer service and the overall effectiveness of the utility billing department.
• Learn tips and techniques to help you make an impact in your department.
• Learn about the legal issues encountered during the utility billing process, including bankruptcy/foreclosure, liens, payment plans, shut-off procedures and collections.
Delivery method: Group-Live
Program Level: Basic
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Business Law, Business Management & Organization
Earn about 6.5 CPE Credits
If you are interested in serving as a regional site, please contact the IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or email@example.com.
Each regional site is asked to provide:
• a site moderator to help guide participants at their site through group discussions on utility billing topics
• coffee and water for participants
• coordinate ordering and delivery of box lunch, cost to be reimbursed by IGFOA
• a conference or training room with capacity of at least 20 and has
• a phone line with speaker phone
• a reliable high-speed Internet access
• a laptop, projector and screen
In exchange for serving as a regional site, your government would receive up to 1 complimentary registration in addition to the moderator.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agendas and/or speakers, cancel the trainings due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full.
CPE hours: 6.50
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
IGFOA Members are those Public Sector and Partner or Associate individuals specifically listed in the IGFOA Membership Application or Renewal. IGFOA Government Staff rate applies to staff, appointed officials, and elected officials of a government with a current IGFOA membership. If you have questions about your membership, contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
If you are unable to attend, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. A $20 cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations up to June 14, 2017. Cancellations after June 14, 2017 and no-shows are responsible for the full tuition.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda, cancel the event due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full.
Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event. By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountanc (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.