Finance Director | Housing Opportunities for Women, Inc.
Posted on Jul 10, 2019 and will remain open until filled.
POSITION TITLE: Finance Director
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer/Executive Director
SUPERVISES: Accounting Department
Responsible for the efforts, results, and success of the organization’s finance department. Provides financial advice and support to help senior executives make key decisions. Professional with knowledge of all accounting, financial and business principles.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee, review, and adhere to the budgets for each business department
- Assist in company-wide budgetary planning
- Ensure compliance of all the company's financial practices with statutory regulations and legislation
- Analyze the financial climate and market trends to assist senior executives in creating strategic plans for the future
- Interpret complex financial information and provide updates, forecasts and information as needed
- Monitor cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions
- Supervise financial assistants and other employees in the facilitation of day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, payroll, etc.
- Prepare official reports on a monthly and annual basis
- Seek out methods and practices to minimize financial risk
- Contract auditing services to ensure financial monitoring is up-to-date
- Create and maintain relationships with service providers and contractors, including banking institutions and accountants
- Update and implement financial policies and procedures for the finance department and organization operations
- Hire, train and develop employees who will be an asset to the finance department with support from human resources employees
- Participate in staff meetings and staff development opportunities
- Perform other duties as assigned
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in accounting, business, finance or a related field; advanced degree preferred
- Non-profit accounting, real estate and/or asset management experience a plus
- Three years of progressively increasing leadership experience preferably in a non-profit or accounting setting
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Proficient with YARDI Voyager system
- Excellent mathematical skills including financial modeling and forecasting
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and team-building skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, cooperative relationships with widely diverse groups and individuals both within and outside the organization
- Ability to analyze, synthesize and present data
- Excellent planning, organizing and problem-solving skills
- Superior attention to detail and integrity
- Thorough understanding of business principles and practices
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs, and walk up and down stairs
- Must possess valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and proof of automobile insurance
- Must pass applicable background tests
Salary – Commensurate with experience Work Schedule – Full Time; Variable Hours
HOW is an Affirmative Action, equal-opportunity employer. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employees shall perform other duties as appropriate. HOW reserves the right to revise or change job duties as needed. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Housing Opportunities for Women, Inc.
1607 W Howard Street
Chicago, IL 60626
How to apply
Please send cover letters and resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Housing Opportunities for Women, Inc.
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.