Director of Payroll | Moraine Valley Community College
Posted on Jul 13, 2019
Moraine Valley Community College
Main Campus, Palos Hills, IL
The second largest community college in Illinois, Moraine Valley Community College is dedicated to ensuring our students gain the knowledge and skills needed to meet the demands of a changing world. Become part of our team, as:
DIRECTOR OF PAYROLL
Main Campus | Palos Hills
FULL-TIME | MONDAY-FRIDAY | 8 A.M. - 5:15 P.M.
(Occasional hours may be required beyond the normal hours due to holidays and school closing schedule)
Under the direction of Vice President of Financial and Business Affairs/College Treasurer, ensures the processing of procedures relating to payroll function, following established procedures. Supervises and coordinates staff and is responsible for the payroll function including all related reports, maintenance, communication, etc., to college personnel and administration. Additional responsibilities include:
- Supervises the computation of wages and posting of all wage data to payroll records
- the computation, recording, and posting of deductions for deferred compensation plans and HSA contributions, income tax withholding, pension contributions, credit union payments, savings bond purchases, union dues, etc.
- Monitors and maintains 403b/457b plan contributions
- Processes W-2's and 1095C's annually
- Maintains and updates the direct deposit file
- Remits taxes to state and federal agencies and files quarterly 941's
The Director of Payroll is dedicated to the learning college concepts by developing programs and facilitating activities that promote student success and lifelong learning.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Minimum of three years' experience in payroll function including coordination of payroll activities
- Experience with Ellucian/Colleague payroll systems preferred
- Knowledge of federal and state tax withholding laws
- Knowledge of retirement contribution plan
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems
- Proficient knowledge of accounting spreadsheet computer programs: Microsoft Excel.
- Excellence in customer service, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Must possess basic typing skills and good supervisory skills.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence, effectively present information, respond to questions, and maintain good working relationship with area staff, college staff, faculty, and students.
- Good computational skills required.
With more than 130 programs, expert faculty, state-of-the-art learning facilities, and a vibrant campus culture, Moraine Valley Community College is among the nation's premier two-year institutions of higher learning. Our facilities include a main campus in Palos Hills, an education center in Blue Island, and the Southwest Education Center in Tinley Park.
To apply, visit: jobs.morainevalley.edu/postings/2564
Moraine Valley is an EEO/A/F/D/V employer that values diversity and is committed to excellence.
Moraine Valley Community College
Palos Hills, IL
Palos Hills, IL 60465
How to apply
Please apply online:
|Moraine Valley Community College
Director of Payroll
|Palos Hills, IL|
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.