Technical Accounting Review Committee
Wednesday, August 6, 2014, 1:30 PM–4:00 PM
800 Roosevelt Road
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Map and directions
Registration for this event has closed.
Intended Audience: IGFOA TARC Committee Members. Interested in participating in the TARC Committee, contact the IGFOA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Descriptions: The Technical Accounting Review Committee monitors and comments on activities and rulings of the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB). The committee provides testimony on GASB standards and educates the IGFOA membership on those standards.
- Understand and comment on the most recent GASB statements and exposure drafts
- Expand your familiarity of GASB implementation and financial reporting challenges faced by local governments in Illinois through direct interaction with fellow accounting and finance professionals
TARC will be reviewing and commenting on four (4) GASB Exposure Drafts that all have an August comment deadline:
- Fair Value Measurement and Application
- Accounting and Financial Reporting for Postemployment Benefits Other Than Pensions
- Financial Reporting for Postemployment Benefit Plans Other Than Pension Plans
- Accounting and Financial Reporting for Pensions and Financial Reporting for Pension Plans That Are Not Administered Through Trusts That Meet Specified Criteria, and Amendments to Certain Provisions of GASB Statements 67 and 68
Delivery method: Group-Live
Program Level: advanced
Prerequisites: IGFOA TARC Committee Member
Advanced Preparation: Review and Be Prepared to Comment on the above Exposure Drafts
Earn about 3.0 CPE
If you have any questions regarding this seminar, cancellations, complaints, or refunds, please contact the IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or email@example.com
CPE hours: 3.00
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
There is no charge to attend this meeting. TARC Committee members are asked to register online to facilitate CPE tracking. Please let the Committee Chair know if you are unable to attend.
If you have questions about your membership, contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587.
If you are unable to attend, please contact the Committee Chair as soon as possible. IGFOA reserve the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.