Rock River Region Internal Control and Tax Levy Seminar
Presented by the Downstate chapter
Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 9:00 AM–2:00 PM
610 N Bell School Rd
Rockford, IL 61107
Map and directions
- Members $ 35.00 Before Nov 18, 2014 Members $ 35.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 40.00 Before Nov 18, 2014 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 40.00
- Non-members $ 55.00 Before Nov 18, 2014 Non-members $ 55.00
Registration for this event has closed.
The morning session will focus on the key elements of the internal control framework and how to best implement a program in the public sector. The role of management, the governing body and external auditors will also be covered. After lunch we will review PTELL, budgeting, and tips for putting the levy together.
Intended audience: Finance Directors, Assistant Finance Directors, Managers, and Supervisors.
Learning Objectives - Participants that complete this session should be able to:
- Prepare control documentation over significant transaction classes in preparation for the annual audit
- Understand the audit risk assessment process and how controls factor into that process
- Determine how IT affects internal control and the way control activities are implemented
- Identify common internal control deficiencies and opportunities to strengthen existing controls
- Explain factors limiting the property tax levy
- Paula Meyer, City of Dixon
- Mary O’Connor, ASA, Partner, Valuation & Dispute Advisory Services, Sikich LLP
- Kenneth Terrinoni, County Administrator, Boone County
Delivery method: Group-Live
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
CPE Credit: Earn about 4 CPE credit
CPE hours: 4.00
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card. Payments will not be accepted the day of the event.
IGFOA Members are those Public Sector and Associate individuals specifically listed in the IGFOA Membership Application or Renewal. IGFOA Government non-member rate applies to staff, appointed officials, and elected officials of a government with a current IGFOA membership. If you have questions about your membership, contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year. If you are unable to attend, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or email@example.com as soon as possible.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda, cancel the event due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA Downstate Chapter cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event. By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.