Downstate Fall Conference
Presented by the Downstate chapter
Thursday, November 13, 2014–Friday, November 14, 2014
217 N. Neil
Champaign, IL 61820
Map and directions
- Members $ 180.00 Before Nov 1, 2014 $ 205.00 Between Nov 1, 2014 and Nov 15, 2014 Members $ 205.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 210.00 Before Nov 1, 2014 $ 235.00 Between Nov 1, 2014 and Nov 15, 2014 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 235.00
- Non-members $ 260.00 Before Nov 1, 2014 $ 300.00 Between Nov 1, 2014 and Nov 15, 2014 Non-members $ 300.00
Registration for this event has closed.
The Downstate Chapter of IGFOA invites you to participate in a very informative and fun Fall Conference. Come check out the new hotel and economic initiatives in Champaign. The Downstate Fall Conference focuses on sharpening local government professionals’ skills in identifying analyzing revenue trends, understanding economic development challenges and financial opportunities, and sharpening management and leadership skills.
Intended audience: Finance Directors, Assistant Finance Directors, Managers, and Supervisors
Participants that complete this conference should be able to:
- Explain the assumptions and trends that affect CPPRT and LGDF monies for Illinois local governments
- Navigate web resources to gather information about local government finance policies and practices
- Define tax interruption insurance and determine if it is recommended for their government
- Identify key economic development trends in Illinois and the possible financial impacts
- Plan how to engage a multi-generational staff team in accomplishing departmental goals
- Identify key problem resolution approaches and how to apply those approaches in the workplace
Delivery method: Group-Live
Program Level: Intermediate
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
CPE Credit: Earn about 9.5 hours CPE credit
Hyatt Place - Champaign
217 N. Neil Street, Champaign, IL 61820
A block of overnight rooms has been reserved for the night of November 13, 2014 by IGFOA at the discounted rate of $129.00 per night, plus tax, for single and double occupancy. Please reserve your room at http://champaign.place.hyatt.com/cmizcgigfo2014.html or by calling 217-531-2800 and asking for the IGFOA rate.
CPE hours: 9.50
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
• Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis,
• Payment should be mailed in advance or made at the door,
• IGFOA reserves the right to apply non-member fee to any individual that has not paid dues for the current year.
• If you are unable to attend, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or email@example.com as soon as possible,
• A $20 cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations up to October 31, 2014. Cancellations after October 31, 2014 and no-shows are responsible for the full tuition. Registrants that cancel or fail to attend without paying the required fee will be invoiced and collection pursued in accord with the Executive Board policy on accounts receivable,
• IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full, and
• Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have any questions regarding this seminar, cancellations, complaints, or refunds, please contact the IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.