Understanding IGFOA Structure and Resources
Friday, November 7, 2014, 11:30 AM–12:00 PM
Registration for this event has closed.
All IGFOA Volunteers are invited to a celebration of volunteer accomplishments with the IGFOA Executive Board. In addition to the Recognition Breakfast, the morning includes three volunteer training sessions for CPE credit. Cap the morning with a tram tour (weather permitting) of the Morton Arboretum!
There is no charge for current volunteers and Sustaining Partner invited guests to attend the program, however registration is required.
8:00 AM – 9:30 AM Volunteer recognition breakfast
- Welcome and remarks by President Scott Anderson
- Introduction of volunteers
- Introduction of Partner Firms
- Short demo of IGFOA website features for members
9:50 AM – 10:40 AM Tools and tips for planning and hosting an IGFOA program
- Using the IGFOA Speakers Bureau and Building a CPE worthy event
- Getting the Word Out – Marketing Your IGFOA Event
10:40 AM – 10:50 AM Break
10:50 AM – 11:30 AM Motivating and Managing Volunteers
- Demonstrate committee tools on website
- Discuss dealing with difficult situations
11:30 AM – Noon Understanding IGFOA structure and resources
- Review governance structure and 501(c) 3 status
- Cover key policies
- Review financial and staff resources
Noon - 1:15 PM Tour of Morton Arboretum
- Grab a box lunch and board the Arboretum Tram right outside the Visitors Center for a one-hour narrated tour
Learning Objectives - after attending this program, participants should be able to:
- Identify the steps and information needed to offer an IGFOA program for CPE credit
- Use the committee and chapter resources available on the IGFOA website
- Understand the structure and key policies of IGFOA
Who Should Attend
- IGFOA Volunteers and invited guests
Advanced preparation required: No advanced preparation required
Delivery method: Group-live
CPE program level: Overview
CPE credits: About 2.5 CPE hours
Are overnight rooms available?
A list of nearby hotels can be found at the Morton Arboretum website.
CPE hours: 1.00
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
• Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis,
• Registration is required to earn CPE credit,
• IGFOA reserves the right to apply non-member fee to any individual that has not paid dues for the current year.
• If you are unable to attend, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or email@example.com as soon as possible,
• IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full, and
• Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have any questions regarding this seminar, cancellations, complaints, or refunds, please contact the IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.