Technical Accounting Review Committee (TARC)
Tuesday, October 13, 2020, 2:00 PM–3:00 PM
800 Roosevelt Road, Building C, Suite 312
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Map and directions
Registration for this event has closed.
Intended Audience: IGFOA TARC Committee Members. Interested in participating in the TARC Committee, contact the IGFOA at email@example.com.
Descriptions: The Technical Accounting Review Committee monitors and comments on activities and rulings of the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB). The committee provides testimony on GASB standards and educates the IGFOA membership on those standards.
AGENDA (To be posted at a later date)
1. Fire/Police Consolidation Project - Primary focus of this meeting
2. Revenue and Expense Recognition (Continuation from previous meeting)
3. Financial Reporting Model Improvements (If discussion time allows)
Learning Objectives – This meeting is eligible for CPE credit.
- Review and discuss GASB Statements and their applicability to Illinois governments.
- Expand your familiarity of the accounting and financial reporting challenges faced by local governments in Illinois as a result of new accounting standards through interaction with fellow accounting and finance professionals.
Delivery method: Group-Live
Program Level: Advanced
Prerequisites: IGFOA TARC Committee Member
Field of Study: Accounting (Governmental)
Advanced Preparation: none
CPE: Earn about 1.0 CPE
If you have any questions regarding this seminar, cancellations, complaints, or refunds, please contact the IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• Cancellation policy for chapter events may differ from this policy at the chapters’ discretion.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.