IGFOA Prevailing Wage Act - Legislative Update
Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 10:00 AM–11:00 AM
- Members $ 15.00 Before Dec 24, 2020 Members $ 15.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 15.00 Before Dec 24, 2020 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 15.00
- Non-members $ 30.00 Before Dec 24, 2020 Non-members $ 30.00
Registration for this event has closed.
Description: This session will highlight the recent legislative change to the State of Illinois Prevailing Wage Act (820 ILCS/130/1) that requires contractors and subcontractors to submit all certified payroll through the Illinois Department of Labor’s Payroll Portal. An overview of the requirements of the Act will be provided and the responsibilities for local units of government in notifying bidders. It will also address the requirement for Illinois Workers on Public Works Act that went into effect on July 1, 2020 as a result of the increased level of unemployment in the State of Illinois.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
1. Understand the requirement of the Prevailing Wage Act.
2. Learn of recent legislative changes & requirements caused by the downturn in the economy.
3. Discuss the challenges of procuring services that require prevailing wage.
4. Review the requirements of notifying bidders and post contract payroll monitoring.
Speakers: RuthAnne K. Hall, CPPO, Purchasing Manager, Lake County, IL and Robert Parilli, Division Manager, Illinois Department of Labor
Intended Audience: Finance Professionals
Delivery Method: Internet Based
Program Level: Update
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Finance-Technical
CPE: Earn About 1.0 CPE credit
CPE hours: 1.20
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.