Episode 1: Grants 101 - "What You Need To Get Started On State, Federal, and Other Grants"
Thursday, December 17, 2020, 10:00 AM–11:00 AM
- Members $ 15.00 Before Dec 15, 2020 Members $ 15.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 15.00 Before Dec 15, 2020 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 15.00
- Non-members $ 30.00 Before Dec 15, 2020 Non-members $ 30.00
Registration for this event has closed.
This session will provide information on best practices on grant start-up with State, Federal, and other agencies before you apply. Understanding the basic grant activities that every agency or local government needs to have ready for compliance and application purposes is essential. This interactive presentation will allow you to ask questions and have a dialog to increase your understanding of this potentially challenging topic.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
Gain a basic understanding of grant start-up;
- Become aware of actions that are needed to setup and maintain grant eligibility including:
- SAM Cage Code
- W-9, EIN, and proof of good standing
- Internal Controls
- Additional potential requirements by State, Federal, and other agencies
- Learn the potential ramifications for failing to meet required deadlines.
Speakers: Ben Richards, Grant and Special Projects Administrator, Waukegan Park District and Jon Beckmann, Superintendent of Finance, Waukegan Park District
Intended Audience: Finance Professionals
Delivery Method: Internet Based
Program Level: Basic
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Finance -Technical
CPE: Earn About 1.0 CPE credit
CPE hours: 1.00
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.