Protecting Your Organization from 2021 Cybersecurity Threats and the Next Generation of Ransomware
Thursday, January 14, 2021, 10:00 AM–11:00 AM
- Members $ 15.00 Before Jan 11, 2021 Members $ 15.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 15.00 Before Jan 11, 2021 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 15.00
- Non-members $ 30.00 Before Jan 11, 2021 Non-members $ 30.00
Registration for this event has closed.
Join us for another exciting IGFOA webinar brought to you by the Professional Education Committee!
This session will cover how ransomware is evolving and why organizations must take immediate steps to protect themselves from this threat. Implementing effective cybersecurity is not necessarily easy, but if you follow a roadmap, you can more effectively protect your organization and cover a majority of the threat landscape using documented approaches to cybersecurity. There are many frameworks out there, and each has their uses, but there are common themes between them that every organization should work to adopt and make part of their security efforts.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
1. Describe ransomware and its impact on organizations, including how it is evolving.
2. Name at least five things that your organization can begin working on tomorrow to improve cybersecurity.
3. Recognize some of the common cybersecurity frameworks and regulations governing cybersecurity and IT compliance.
Speaker: Kevin Bong, Director of Cybersecurity, Sikich
Intended Audience: Finance Professionals
Delivery Method: Internet Based
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Information Technology -Technical
CPE: Earn About 1.0 CPE credit
CPE hours: 1.00
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.