Hotel Industry and the Impact of COVID-19 (Downstate and Chicago Area)
Presented by the Downstate chapter
Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 10:00 AM–11:00 AM
- Members $ 15.00 Before Feb 23, 2021 Members $ 15.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 15.00 Before Feb 23, 2021 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 15.00
- Non-members $ 30.00 Before Feb 23, 2021 Non-members $ 30.00
Registration for this event has closed.
The IGFOA Downstate Chapter and the Growth & Engagement Network Present The Following Webinar!
This session will present a look at the hotel and lodging industry and the impacts of the current pandemic from the vantage point of the industry. President and CEO of the Illinois Hotel and Lodging Association, Michael Jacobson, will dive into the impact of the pandemic on the industry, highlight the changes made to address the health and safety of guests with pointers on how to travel safely, and provide potential ways local government can assist the industry in recovery. This session will broaden local finance professionals’ knowledge in this specific focus area with the goal of better understanding the near-term and long-term impacts on how consumers and businesses network and travel. This session will be helpful in estimating revenue trends for hotel/motel tax, sales tax, local motor fuel tax, and/or food and beverage tax.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
- Understand the changes made to address COVID 19
- Explore the estimation of the impact of COVID 19 to the industry
- Learn about ways to allow and/or assist hotels in recovery
- Gain insight on how to travel safely
Moderators: Molly Talkington, MPA, Finance Principal, CMAP, Rasheed Jones, Finance Director, Village of Matteson and Brian Hextell, Institutional Portfolio Manager, PMA Asset Management, LLC
Speaker: Michael Jacobson, President and CEO. Illinois Hotel & Lodging Association (IHLA)
Intended Audience: Finance Professionals
Delivery Method: Internet Based
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Finance - Technical
NASBA CPE: Earn About 1.0 CPE credit
CPE hours: 1.00
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.