Coronavirus Ongoing Management: Planning for Continued Financial Stability
Thursday, April 15, 2021, 10:00 AM–11:00 AM
- Members $ 15.00 Before Apr 13, 2021 Members $ 15.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 15.00 Before Apr 13, 2021 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 15.00
- Non-members $ 30.00 Before Apr 13, 2021 Non-members $ 30.00
COVID-19 and its financial impacts on local governments continue to evolve as the economy manages the ongoing impacts of the Pandemic. Finance leaders of local governments are met with excruciatingly tough decisions on how to balance potential revenue shortfalls and the need for expenditure reduction, while still providing public services to their constituents. This session will review how local governments can evaluate their own financial future within the context of the current COVID environment, what measures can be put into place to navigate through the financial storm, and what this means for the foreseeable future for local government budgets. The session will cover these topics through the lens of best practices in long-term financial planning on both operations and capital.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
- Gain an understanding of how to build a long-term financial plan and other best practices.
- Learn about specific steps to plan for revenue short-falls due to COVID-19 and beyond.
- Identity ways to plan and engage leadership in the decision-making process.
- Understand how multi-year financial forecasting can help improve your credit rating.
Speakers: Chris Bamber, CFA, Director, PFM Financial Advisors LLC and Jon Beckmann, Superintendent of Finance, Waukegan Park District
Intended Audience: Finance Professionals
Delivery Method: Internet Based
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Finance -Technical
NASBA CPE: Earn About 1.0 CPE credit
CPE hours: 1.00
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
REGISTRATION AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.