IGFOA On-Demand Webinar | Military Leave: What to Expect from Beginning to End
- Members $ 15.00 Before Apr 8, 2022 Members $ 15.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 15.00 Before Apr 8, 2022 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 15.00
- Non-members $ 30.00 Before Apr 8, 2022 Non-members $ 30.00
Already registered? Sign in to view this webinar »
Public employers often have a significant pool of employees that are current or former members of the military and military reserves. State and federal laws impose a complicated web of rules on the pay and benefits that public employers extend to employees in the military. In 2019, the law in Illinois was overhauled with the implementation of the Illinois Servicemember Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (ISERRA), which includes provisions that are sometimes counterintuitive. This seminar will help you navigate the thorny legal obligations to make sure your jurisdiction stays on the right side of the law.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
1. Gain a basic understanding of the state and federal laws regulating military leaves of absence.
2. Understand what you need to do before, during, and after an employee requests a military leave of absence.
3. Learn how to calculate and administer compensation and benefits during a military leave of absence.
Speaker: Benjamin E. Gehrt, Clark Baird Smith LLP
NASBA CPE: IGFOA on-demand webinars are not eligible for CPE
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
You can access the webinar at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5429841830934168334. This webinar will be available for viewing through April 8, 2022.
There are no refunds for purchases of on-demand webinars.
Copyright for On-Demand users:
Anyone with access to this presentation from IGFOA for on-demand viewing will not share, rebroadcast, or otherwise use this presentation or materials without express written consent or authorization from IGFOA. © 2021
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association, 800 Roosevelt Road, Building C, Suite 312, Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify or remove on-demand webinars at its discresion.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.