IGFOA On-Demand Webinar | 2021 Back to Basics - A Primer on Public Budgeting for Local Governments
- Members $ 15.00 Before Apr 20, 2022 Members $ 15.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 15.00 Before Apr 20, 2022 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 15.00
- Non-members $ 30.00 Before Apr 20, 2022 Non-members $ 30.00
Already registered? Sign in to view this webinar »
This session will present an overview of what public budgeting is and isn’t. The speaker will discuss the difference between private and public sector budgeting, budget laws and their origins, the types of budgets, what constitutes a successful budget, and how to make budgets more accessible to all stakeholders.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
1. Understand the basic framework of a governmental budget;
2. Discuss the budget as a law;
3. Explore what a governmental budget is and isn’t;
4. Monitor budgets after passage;
5. Simplify the budget message to the community;
6. Learn about ways to involve your community;
7. Learn about different types of budgets and when to use which type; and
8. Understand simple trend analysis.
Speaker: Julie Zolghadr, Budget Division Manager, City of Springfield
NASBA CPE: IGFOA on-demand webinars are not eligible for CPE
The GoToWebinar link to the on-demand training will be provided in the confirmation email once registration is completed.
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
There are no refunds for purchases of on-demand webinars.
Copyright for On-Demand users: Anyone with access to this presentation from IGFOA for on-demand viewing will not share, rebroadcast, or otherwise use this presentation or materials without express written consent or authorization from IGFOA. © 2021
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association, 800 Roosevelt Road, Building C, Suite 312, Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify or remove on-demand webinars at its discresion.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.