IGFOA On-Demand Webinar | 2021 PENSION INSTITUTE - STRATEGIES FOR MEETING PENSION OBLIGATIONS EMPLOYING BOND ISSUANCE AND LONG-TERM INVESTMENTS
- Members $ 15.00 Before Apr 28, 2022 Members $ 15.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 15.00 Before Apr 28, 2022 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 15.00
- Non-members $ 30.00 Before Apr 28, 2022 Non-members $ 30.00
Registration for this event has closed.
Already registered? Sign in to view this webinar »
The consideration of Pension Obligation Bonds is once again gaining significant traction as communities explore available strategies to address the challenges of underfunded pension funds. This session will provide an overview on when and why pension obligation bonds should be issued as well as investment strategies regarding the investment of proceeds from pension obligation bonds.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
1. Understand what conditions create a favorable context in which a community may consider issuing pension obligation bonds;
2. Gain insight that pension obligation bonds are not intended to generate savings for the pension fund, but instead are intended as an arbitrage strategy for the benefit of the pension fund; and
3. Learn about the opportunities and risks from investing proceeds in diversified equity and fixed income strategies with a long-term horizon, using asset allocation strategies developed to fit a particular community’s needs.
Speakers: Andrew Kim, Director, Public Finance, PMA Securities, LLC Timothy A. Palmer, CFA, Senior Portfolio Manager, PMA Asset Management, LLC Erik Stoltz, Institutional Sales Manager, PMA Companies, LLC
NASBA CPE: IGFOA on-demand webinars are not eligible for CPE
The GoToWebinar link to the on-demand training will be provided in the confirmation email once registration is completed.
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
There are no refunds for purchases of on-demand webinars.
Copyright for On-Demand users: Anyone with access to this presentation from IGFOA for on-demand viewing will not share, rebroadcast, or otherwise use this presentation or materials without express written consent or authorization from IGFOA. © 2021
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association, 800 Roosevelt Road, Building C, Suite 312, Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify or remove on-demand webinars at its discresion.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.