IGFOA On-Demand Webinar | 2021 PENSION INSTITUTE - THE INS AND OUTS OF DOWNSTATE POLICE & FIRE PENSION ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEEDINGS
- Members $ 15.00 Before Apr 29, 2022 Members $ 15.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 15.00 Before Apr 29, 2022 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 15.00
- Non-members $ 30.00 Before Apr 29, 2022 Non-members $ 30.00
Already registered? Sign in to view this webinar »
This session will review the wide array of pension related matters downstate police and fire pension funds are faced with including disability claims, survivorship claims, felony divestitures, over/underpayments in pension benefits, salary attached to rank issues, pension spikes and municipal underfunding. The presentation will also explore the legal framework which guides pension board trustees in the adjudication of the various claims that come before them as well as cover best practices, policies and procedures pension trustees should consider when administering pension claims.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
1. Gain an understanding as to the procedural process pension boards are faced with when adjudicating pension claims;
2. Provide an overview as to the legal framework that pension boards must rely upon and consider when adjudicating pension claims; and
3. Offer guidance as to the proper methods, policies and procedures pension boards should consider when adjudicating pension claims.
Speaker: Laura Goodloe, Esq., Partner, Puchalski Goodloe Marzullo, LLP
NASBA CPE: IGFOA on-demand webinars are not eligible for CPE
The GoToWebinar link to the on-demand training will be provided in the confirmation email once registration is completed.
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
There are no refunds for purchases of on-demand webinars.
Copyright for On-Demand users: Anyone with access to this presentation from IGFOA for on-demand viewing will not share, rebroadcast, or otherwise use this presentation or materials without express written consent or authorization from IGFOA. © 2021
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association, 800 Roosevelt Road, Building C, Suite 312, Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify or remove on-demand webinars at its discresion.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.