Illinois Government Finance Professionals' Academy I
Wednesday, May 20, 2015–Thursday, May 21, 2015
Doubletree Suites Hotel
2111 Butterfield Road - Cypress/Elm Rooms
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Map and directions
- Members $ 250.00 Before May 13, 2015 $ 270.00 Between May 13, 2015 and May 21, 2015 Members $ 270.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 260.00 Before May 13, 2015 $ 280.00 Between May 13, 2015 and May 21, 2015 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 280.00
- Non-members $ 295.00 Before May 13, 2015 $ 320.00 Between May 13, 2015 and May 21, 2015 Non-members $ 320.00
Registration for this event has closed.
The two day Level I Illinois Government Finance Professionals Academy is designed to provide a solid foundation of skills, knowledge, and an appreciation of the unique environment and dynamics of professional government finance practices in Illinois. The Academy provides professionals throughout Illinois the opportunity to participate in high quality education in a small, student-focused setting. Academy participants also engage in networking opportunities to strengthen professional development.
AGENDA AND SPEAKERS (download pdf)
• Principles of Professional Government Finance
• Governmental Accounting Overview
• Internal Control Principles for Local Government
• Cash and Public Funds Electronic Commerce
• Principles of Ethics for Government Finance
• Capital Financing and Debt Management Overview
• llinois Government Revenue Overview
• What Makes a Good Finance Director
Intended Audience: New finance department personnel seeking an overview of government finance, Professionals with limited experience in government finance, Non-finance professionals such as department heads and assistant department heads whose primary duties are unrelated to finance, and Elected officials unfamiliar with government finance
Learning Objectives, after attending this Academy, participants should be able to:
- Identify primary best practices for government finance and access information about implementation of those practices
- Explain the basic principles of professional government finance
- Connect with peers to gather information about practices in other communities
Advanced preparation required: No advanced preparation required
Delivery method: Group-live
CPE program level: Overview
Field of Study: Finance, Ethics, Accounting (Governmental)
CPE credits : About 14 CPE hours
Are overnight rooms available?
Participants are encouraged to reserve a room at the Doubletree in Downers Grove or any one of the nearby hotels that can be found through the DuPage Convention and Visitors Bureau.
When will Level II classes be offered?
Level II classes will be offered throughout the year and at the Fall Academy October 29, 2015.
CPE hours: 14.00
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
• Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis,
• Payment should be mailed in advance or made at the door,
• IGFOA reserves the right to apply non-member fee to any individual that has not paid dues for the current year.
• If you are unable to attend, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible,
• A $20 cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations up to May 13, 2015. Cancellations after May 13, 2015 and no-shows are responsible for the full tuition. Registrants that cancel or fail to attend without paying the required fee will be invoiced and collection pursued in accord with the Executive Board policy on accounts receivable,
• IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full, and
• Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have any questions regarding this seminar, cancellations, complaints, or refunds, please contact the IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or email@example.com.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.