Illinois Government Finance Professionals' Academy II - 2015
Wednesday, October 28, 2015–Thursday, October 29, 2015
Doubletree Suites Hotel and Conference Center
2111 Butterfield Road
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Map and directions
- Members $ 230.00 Before Oct 27, 2015 $ 250.00 Between Oct 27, 2015 and Oct 28, 2015 Members $ 250.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 250.00 Before Oct 27, 2015 $ 275.00 Between Oct 27, 2015 and Oct 28, 2015 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 275.00
- Non-members $ 275.00 Before Oct 27, 2015 $ 300.00 Between Oct 27, 2015 and Oct 28, 2015 Non-members $ 300.00
Registration for this event has closed.
The meeting will take place at the Doubletree Suites Hotel in the Maple Room and the Luncheon will be held in the Oak/Sycamore Room.
Whether you have taken Academy I or II in the past, the newly revised two day Academy II course will provide a detailed understanding of major local government revenues and expenditures, an appreciation of forecasting both revenues and expenditures, and knowledge of other responsibilities for which the Finance Department may be responsible. The Academy II will provide professionals throughout Illinois with the opportunity to participate in high quality education in a small, student-focused setting. Academy II participants also engage in networking opportunities to strengthen professional development.
SCHEDULE OF SESSIONS - CLICK HERE
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: after attending the IGFOA Academy II course, participants should be able to:
- Identify major revenues and expenditures and how to forecast them
- Explain what goes into a cash flow analysis
- Understand what additional responsibilities the Finance Director may have
- Connect with peers to gather information about practices in other communities
Who Should Attend:
- Finance Department personnel seeking a better understanding of the government revenue and expenditure budget process, cash flow fundamentals, and non-finance responsibilities often found in Finance Departments.
- Non-finance professionals such as department heads and assistant department heads, whose primary duties are related to budgeting and/or cash flow analysis.
- Government accounting, auditing, and finance professionals who have limited experience in government finance but require a general knowledge of governmental budgeting, cash flow analysis, and the non-finance responsibilities of a local government Finance Department.
Prerequisites: at least 1 year's experience or completion of Level I Academy or equivalent training
Advanced preparation required: No advanced preparation required. If you have a budget document, please bring it to the Academy II.
Delivery method: Group-live
CPE program level: Basic
Field of Study: Finance, Business Management and Organization
CPE credits at Level II Academy: About 14 CPE hours
Are overnight rooms available? Participants are encouraged to reserve a room at the Doubletree in Downers Grove or any one of the nearby hotels that can be found through the DuPage Convention and Visitors Bureau.
CPE hours: 14.00
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
IGFOA Members are those individuals from the Public Sector, Partner, and Individual Firm specifically listed in the IGFOA Membership Directory. IGFOA Government staff member rate applies to staff, appointed officials, and elected officials of a government with a current IGFOA membership. If you have questions about your membership, contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year. If you are unable to attend, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or email@example.com as soon as possible. A $20 cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations up to October 14, 2015. Cancellations after October 14, 2015 and no-shows are responsible for the full tuition.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda, cancel the event due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event. By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
If you have any questions regarding this seminar, cancellations, complaints, or refunds, please contact the IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.