Identifying, Reporting and Preventing Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 12:00 PM–1:00 PM
- Members $ 20.00 Before Aug 31, 2021 Members $ 20.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 20.00 Before Aug 31, 2021 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 20.00
- Non-members $ 40.00 Before Aug 31, 2021 Non-members $ 40.00
Registration for this event has closed.
This training will teach participants about what constitutes sexual harassment in the workplace and how it can be identified, reported and prevented. This will be accomplished through a review of applicable law and practical examples of the various forms that sexual harassment can take in the workplace. Participants will be tasked with thinking critically about real life situations and apply the legal principles and procedural reporting requirements designed to prevent sexual harassment from occurring or stopping it from continuing. The course satisfies the new sexual harassment training requirements under Illinois law.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
1. Gain an understanding of the general legal principles related to sexual harassment.
2. Obtain an understanding of what constitutes sexual harassment in the workplace.
3. Learn how to identify sexual harassment in workplace.
4. Learn applicable reporting procedures for complaints of sexual harassment.
5. Review strategies for preventing sexual harassment.
Speaker: Jason A. Guisinger, Partner, Klein, Thorpe & Jenkins
Intended Audience: Finance Professionals
Delivery Method: Internet Based
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Business Law - Technical
NASBA CPE: Earn About 1.0 CPE credit
CPE hours: 1.00
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
REGISTRATION AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.