There Are No Magic Beans: Cultivating a Customer Service Rich Environment
Friday, October 15, 2021, 12:00 PM–1:00 PM
- Members $ 20.00 Before Oct 14, 2021 Members $ 20.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 20.00 Before Oct 14, 2021 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 20.00
- Non-members $ 40.00 Before Oct 14, 2021 Non-members $ 40.00
Registration for this event has closed.
Public service is the method and function for which all outputs are achieved in local government. Learn how to create ideal conditions to provide outstanding customer service, keep your employees engaged in your mission to provide top public service, and identify communication techniques that control situations and promote customer confidence.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
- Attendees will learn the true role & purpose of customer service in a Finance Office.
- Identify tools to create an environment rich for customer service success.
- Rediscover communication methods to effectively deescalate difficult situations and
gain customer confidence.
Speaker: Megan Fulara, MPA, PHR, Human Resources Professional, Acting HR Manager, City of Evanston
Intended Audience: Finance Professionals
Delivery Method: Internet Based
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advance preparation required
Field of Study: Personal Development - Non-Technical
NASBA CPE: Earn about 1.0 CPE Hour
CPE hours: 1.00
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.