South Metro Chapter Professional Development Seminar
Presented by the South metro chapter
South metro chapter
Thursday, April 7, 2022, 8:00 AM–1:00 PM
Village of Frankfort
432 W. Nebraska
Frankfort, IL 60423
Map and directions
- Members $ 35.00 Before Apr 5, 2022 Members $ 35.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 35.00 Before Apr 5, 2022 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 35.00
- Non-members $ 50.00 Before Apr 5, 2022 Non-members $ 50.00
Registration for this event has closed.
Join the IGFOA South Metro Chapter for a professional development seminar on Thursday, April 7, 2022 at the Village of Frankfort. The half-day seminar includes four sessions and a networking lunch held at the conclusion of the last session.
Session 1 - The Evolution and Solution of Revenue
Speakers: Andrew D. Brown, Director of Finance, Forest Preserve District of DuPage County; Matt Fritz, City Manager, Village of Coal City; Scott Shamberg, Manager, State and Local Government, KPMG
Moderator: Arica Finney, CORE Construction
Session 2 - Are You Feeling the Burn? Recruiting, Retaining and Rewarding Talent During the Great Resignation
Speaker: Kathleen Rush, Vice President, GovHR USA
Session 3 - Grants, COVID and Reporting (includes ARPA)
Speaker: Christine Torres, Partner, Crowe LLP
Session 4 - Employment Law Update: Key Laws Impacting Public Employers
Speaker: David A. Moore, Partner, Laner Muchin, Ltd.
Intended Audience: Finance Professionals
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Program Level: Update and Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Finance-Technical, Personnel/Human Resources - Non-Technical, Accounting (Governmental) - Technical, Business Law - Technical
Last Review/Revision/Update: April 7, 2022
NASBA CPE Credits: Earn About 4.0 CPE credit
CPE hours: 4.00
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• Cancellation policy for chapter events may differ from this policy at the chapters’ discretion.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.