IGFOA Payroll Update Seminar
Thursday, April 16, 2015, 9:00 AM–12:00 PM
1120 E. Diehl Road, Room 265
Naperville, IL 60563
Map and directions
- Members $ 60.00 Before Apr 2, 2015 $ 85.00 Between Apr 2, 2015 and Apr 16, 2015 Members $ 85.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 75.00 Before Apr 2, 2015 $ 100.00 Between Apr 2, 2015 and Apr 16, 2015 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 100.00
- Non-members $ 90.00 Before Apr 2, 2015 $ 115.00 Between Apr 2, 2015 and Apr 16, 2015 Non-members $ 115.00
Registration for this event has closed.
Plan to attend the 2015 IGFOA Payroll Seminar for two sessions including an update on the latest employment law issues and ACA reporting requirements for 2015. Wage and hour litigation is one of the fastest growing types of class action according to Federal Judicial Caseload statistics. The primary source of this type of litigation stems from the misclassification of employees. The most common types of misclassification relate to exempt/non-exempt status as well as independent contractors. This session will take a look at key elements of these employment categories and will explore essential elements of every compensation program in order to help the organization defend pay decisions. The New Affordable Care Reporting requirements begin in 2015. The IRS has finalized the forms which require significant reporting of activity by employee by month. The reporting requirements begin with January 2015 and forms will need to be filed in early 2016. It is important to establish tracking procedures early in order to ensure the data will be available in 2016.
Karen Sanchez, Partner-in-Charge Employee Benefits, Sikich LLP
Julie Strahl, Human Resources Consultant, Sikich LLP
Intended Audience: Local government professional and support staff involved in the payroll process.
Learning Objectives - Participants that complete this session should be able to:
• Understand the key elements of the employment categories; exempt/non-exempt status and independent contractors
• Gain a working knowledge of the essential elements of every compensation program to assist in the defense of pay decisions
• Learn the New Affordable Care Reporting requirements that begin in 2015
• Establish tracking procedures for the payroll data to ensure compliance in 2016
Delivery method: Group-Live
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
CPE Credit: Earn about 3.0 CPE credit
Check-in and continental breakfast begins at 8:30 AM and the seminar will start at 9:00 AM.
CPE hours: 3.00
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
Registration and Cancellation Policy:
• Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis,
• Payment should be mailed in advance or made at the door,
• IGFOA reserves the right to apply non-member fee to any individual that has not paid dues for the current year.
• If you are unable to attend, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible,
• A $20 cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations up to April 9, 2015. Cancellations after April 9, 2015 and no-shows are responsible for the full tuition. Registrants that cancel or fail to attend without paying the required fee will be invoiced and collection pursued in accord with the Executive Board policy on accounts receivable,
• IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full, and
• Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have any questions regarding this seminar, cancellations, complaints, or refunds, please contact the IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or email@example.com.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.