Utility Billing Seminar Location: Hoffman Estates Village Hall, Hoffman Estates IL
Tuesday, June 9, 2015, 9:30 AM–3:30 PM
- Members $ 85.00 Before Jun 2, 2015 $ 105.00 Between Jun 2, 2015 and Jun 8, 2015 Members $ 105.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 95.00 Before Jun 2, 2015 $ 115.00 Between Jun 2, 2015 and Jun 8, 2015 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 115.00
- Non-members $ 125.00 Before Jun 2, 2015 $ 150.00 Between Jun 2, 2015 and Jun 8, 2015 Non-members $ 150.00
Registration for this event has closed.
This seminar will be broadcast regionally at the sites listed below. The location you are registering for is listed at the top of this page.
To register for a different location, access that location's registration form at http://www.igfoa.org/events/calendar
•City of Aurora
44 E Downer Place, Aurora, IL 60505
•Hoffman Estates Village Hall
1900 Hassell Road, Hoffman Estates IL
•Moline Water Treatment Plant
30 - 18th Street, Moline, IL 61265
•Park Forest Village Hall
350 Victory Dr , Park Forest, IL 60466
Check in: 9-9:30 AM
Seminar: 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Seminar description: Join the IGFOA for a seminar discussing the utility billing process including legal issues involved in bankruptcy/foreclosure, liens, shut-off procedures and collections and steps to discontinue service; obtain information on E-Pay Internet and IVR payments, discuss how water usage impacts your community. Participants will be encouraged to share their procedures with the group as specific topics are discussed. A great opportunity to learn what others are already doing in their communities.
Intended Audience: Local government professional and support staff involved in the utility billing process
AGENDA - click here
Georgia Brahos, E-Pay Participant Services Specialist
Ann Marie Lampariello-Perez, Attorney, Rathje & Woodward, LLC
Andy Schacht, E-Pay Manager of Technical Support and Development
Todd Schaefer, Operations Manager, M.E. Simpson
- Understand water usage and how it impacts the community as a whole
- Obtain up to date information regarding E-Pay Internet and IVR payments
- Learn how to deal with legal issues encountered during the utility billing process including bankruptcy/foreclosure, liens, shut-off procedures and collections
Delivery method: Group-Live
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
CPE Credit: Earn about 5.0 CPE credit
Thank you to the Village of Park Forest, the City of Moline (Moline Water Treatment Plant), the City of Aurora, and the Village of Hoffman Estates for volunteering to be a regional site.
Each regional site is asked to provide:
• a site moderator to help guide participants at their site through group discussions on utility billing topics (discussion questions will be provided in advance)
• coffee and water for participants
• coordinate ordering and delivery of box lunch, cost to be reimbursed by IGFOA
• a conference or training room that holds at least 12 and has
• phone line with speaker phone
• reliable high-speed Internet access
• laptop, projector and screen
In exchange for serving as a regional site, your government would receive up to 2 complementary registrations in addition to the moderator.
If you are interested in serving as a regional site, please email email@example.com.
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
Registration and cancellation policy
- Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis,
- Payment should be mailed in advance or made at the door,
- IGFOA reserves the right to apply non-member fee to any individual that has not paid dues for the current year.
- If you are unable to attend, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible,
- A $20 cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations up to June 2, 2015. Cancellations after June 2, 2015 and no-shows are responsible for the full tuition. Registrants that cancel or fail to attend without paying the required fee will be invoiced and collection pursued in accord with the Executive Board policy on accounts receivable,
- IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full, and
- Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.