IGFOA South Metro Chapter - Emerging Issues in ACA/HR Compliance
Presented by the South metro chapter
South metro chapter
Friday, August 14, 2015, 9:00 AM–1:00 PM
22013 Governors Highway
Richton Park, IL 60471
Map and directions
- Members $ 40.00 Before Aug 14, 2015 Members $ 40.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 45.00 Before Aug 14, 2015 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 45.00
- Non-members $ 55.00 Before Aug 14, 2015 Non-members $ 55.00
Registration for this event has closed.
Session Description: Plan to attend the Emerging Issues in ACA/HR Compliance Seminar to learn about issues relating to the new Affordable Care Act Reporting Requirements for 2015 and HR Compliance Issues such as employee versus contractor and exempt vs. non-exempt. Group discussion will be included so bring your questions for the experts! Earn about 3 CPE credits.
Debbie Crabtree, Sikich LLP
Julie Strahl, Sikich LLP
Learning Objectives: Participates completing this session will be able to:
· Learn about the new ACA Reporting Requirements for 2015 including definitions and determining the status of your entity under the new Act
· Gain a working knowledge for how to comply with the ACA reporting requirements including gathering data, form preparation and maintaining supporting documentation
· Understanding the recently proposed DOL overtime qualification updates and their potential effect on current exempt and non-exempt positions within your organization
· Overview of the DOL’s interpretation of who qualifies for an unpaid internship, a new test which may affect how employers decide to classify their unpaid interns and the impact on your staffing decisions
Intended Audience: All finance professionals
Delivery method: Group Live
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Accounting (Governmental), Administrative Practice
Earn about 3.0 CPE credit
CPE hours: 3.00
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card. Payments will not be accepted the day of the event.
IGFOA Members are those Public Sector and Associate individuals specifically listed in the IGFOA Membership Application or Renewal. IGFOA Government non-member rate applies to staff, appointed officials, and elected officials of a government with a current IGFOA membership. If you have questions about your membership, contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year. If you are unable to attend, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. A $10 cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations up to August 7, 2015. Cancellations after August 7, 2015 and no-shows are responsible for the full tuition.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda, cancel the event due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA South Metro Chapter cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event. By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.