IGFOA Downstate Chapter Fall Conference
Presented by the Downstate chapter
Thursday, November 12, 2015–Friday, November 13, 2015
Doubletree Hotel Collinsville/St. Louis
1000 Eastport Plaza Drive
Collinsville, IL 62234
Map and directions
- Members $ 190.00 Before Oct 30, 2015 $ 210.00 Between Oct 30, 2015 and Nov 13, 2015 Members $ 210.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 190.00 Before Oct 30, 2015 $ 210.00 Between Oct 30, 2015 and Nov 13, 2015 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 210.00
- Non-members $ 190.00 Before Oct 30, 2015 $ 210.00 Between Oct 30, 2015 and Nov 13, 2015 Non-members $ 210.00
Registration for this event has closed.
The Downstate Chapter of IGFOA invites you to participate in a fun and informative conference at the DoubleTree by Hilton Collinsville-St. Louis. The Fall Conference will include GASB updates, Professional Ethics, and hot topics such as Cyber Liability. This year will also feature an engaging, upbeat and highly interactive Mystery Fraud Dinner.
Intended audience: Finance Directors, Assistant Finance Directors, Managers, and Supervisors
Learning objectives - Participants that complete this conference should be able to:
- Distinguish workplace and sexual harassment.
- Prevent a hostile work environment.
- Provide ethical leadership.
- Improve internal controls within their organizations.
- Understand reporting requirements recently issued by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board.
- Recognize how certain actuarial assumptions, funding laws, and asset experience impact employer contributions and the funded ratio of pensions.
- Develop general fraud examination skills including interviewing, data analysis, planning and scoping.
- Enhance existing revenue sources
- Define Cyber Liability insurance and determine if it is recommended for their government.
Delivery method: Group-Live
Program Level: Intermediate
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Behavioral Ethics, Business Mgt and Org, Finance, Accouting (Governmental)
CPE Credit: Earn about 13 hours CPE credit
Hotel Accommodations: DoubleTree by Hilton Collinsville-St. Louis
1000 Eastport Plaza Drive, Collinsville, IL 62234
A block of overnight rooms has been reserved for the nights of November 11th and 12th by IGFOA at the discounted rate of $70.00 per night, plus tax. Please reserve your room by calling 866-235-4657 and request the IGFOA – Downstate Illinois Chapter rate. To receive the discounted room rate, all reservations must be made by 10/30/2015.
CPE hours: 13.00
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
IGFOA Members are those individuals from the Public Sector, Partner, and Individual Firm specifically listed in the IGFOA Membership Directory. IGFOA Government staff member rate applies to staff, appointed officials, and elected officials of a government with a current IGFOA membership. If you have questions about your membership, contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year. If you are unable to attend, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. A $20 cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations up to October 30, 2015. Cancellations after October 30, 2015 and no-shows are responsible for the full tuition.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda, cancel the event due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA Downstate Chapter cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event. By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
If you have any questions regarding this seminar, cancellations, complaints, or refunds, please contact the IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or email@example.com.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.