IGFOA On-Demand Webinar | Demystifying the Property Tax Levy and Extensions
- Members $ 20.00 Before Jul 31, 2023 Members $ 20.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 20.00 Before Jul 31, 2023 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 20.00
- Non-members $ 40.00 Before Jul 31, 2023 Non-members $ 40.00
Already registered? Sign in to view this webinar »
Please join us to learn more about the strategy behind creating a property tax levy from start to finish! Hear from both Home-Rule and Non-Home Rule practitioners as well as County tax extenders on requirements for preparing and filing a levy, including allowable extension lines, filing requirements and deadlines and the process behind the scenes once a levy is submitted.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
- How to prepare a tax levy, including strategies to discuss with Administrators and Board Members;
- The difference in preparing a levy for a Non-Home Rule and Home Rule tax district;
- How to interpret assessment and economic data received from the Counties; and
- The process that the County uses to review your levy and applicable tax laws.
Speakers: Kevin Bueso, Chief Financial Officer, McHenry County, Katrina Hanna, Director of Financial Services, Village of Barrington, Nicole Larson, Finance Director, Village of Glencoe, Christopher Lopez, Property Tax Administrator, Lake County and Robert Ross, Chief County Assessment Officer, McHenry County
NASBA CPE: IGFOA on-demand webinars are not eligible for CPE
The GoToWebinar link to the on-demand training will be provided in the confirmation email once registration is completed.
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
There are no refunds for purchases of on-demand webinars.
Copyright for On-Demand users: Anyone with access to this presentation from IGFOA for on-demand viewing will not share, rebroadcast, or otherwise use this presentation or materials without express written consent or authorization from IGFOA. © 2022
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association, 800 Roosevelt Road, Building C, Suite 312, Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify or remove on-demand webinars at its discresion.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.