Illinois Public Pension Institute
Thursday, March 17, 2016, 8:25 AM–4:30 PM
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downers Grove
2111 Butterfield Road
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Map and directions
- Members $ 185.00 Before Mar 11, 2016 $ 210.00 Between Mar 11, 2016 and Mar 22, 2016 Members $ 210.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 210.00 Before Mar 11, 2016 $ 235.00 Between Mar 11, 2016 and Mar 22, 2016 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 235.00
- Non-members $ 245.00 Before Mar 11, 2016 $ 270.00 Between Mar 11, 2016 and Mar 22, 2016 Non-members $ 270.00
Registration for this event has closed.
Intended Audience: Finance Directors, Managers, Administrators, Accountants, Assistant Managers, Assistant Finance Directors, Pension Board Trustees, and professional staff and officials interested in local government pension issues.
Seminar description: A full day seminar addressing advanced and current issues in local government pension management:
• Fiduciary Liability for Fire and Police Pension Plan Trustees and 457 Plan Trustees
• Analyzing the Requirement, Process and Calculations for Service Transfer Credits
• Pension Reform Legislative Update
• Incorporating Public Pension Liability Exposure into Credit Ratings
• The Effect of Actuarial Assumptions, Methods, & Experience on Pension Funding
• The Laws of Appreciating Returns: Analyzing the Case for Making (or Not Making) Supplemental Pension Payments from Uncommitted Reserves
• IMRF Hot Topics & Update
Learning Objectives - Participants completing this Institute will be able to: see attached
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Finance
Earn About 8.0 CPE credit
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agendas and/or speakers, cancel the trainings due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full.
CPE hours: 8.00
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
- Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis,
- Payment should be mailed in advance or made at the door,
- IGFOA Members are those Public Sector and Associate individuals specifically listed in the IGFOA Membership Application or Renewal. IGFOA Government non-member rate applies to staff, appointed officials, and elected officials of a government with a current IGFOA membership. IGFOA reserves the right to apply non-member fee to any individual that has not paid dues for the current year.
- If you are unable to attend, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or email@example.com as soon as possible,
- A $20 cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations up to March 11, 2016. Cancellations after March 11, 2016 and no-shows are responsible for the full tuition. Registrants that cancel or fail to attend without paying the required fee will be invoiced and collection pursued in accord with the Executive Board policy on accounts receivable,
- IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full
- Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have any questions regarding this seminar, cancellations, complaints, or refunds, please contact the IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.