Illinois Government Finance Professionals' Academy I - 2016
Tuesday, May 17, 2016–Wednesday, May 18, 2016
1120 E. Diehl Road
Naperville, IL 60563
Map and directions
- Members $ 210.00 Before May 12, 2016 $ 220.00 Between May 12, 2016 and May 19, 2016 Members $ 220.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 220.00 Before May 12, 2016 $ 230.00 Between May 12, 2016 and May 19, 2016 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 230.00
- Non-members $ 240.00 Before May 12, 2016 $ 250.00 Between May 12, 2016 and May 19, 2016 Non-members $ 250.00
Registration for this event has closed.
May 17, 2016 - Check-in and a continental breakfast begins at 8:00 AM, please arrive by 8:30 AM for the first session.
May 18, 2016 - Continental breakfast begins at 8:00 AM, please arrive by 8:30 AM for the first session.
The Illinois Government Finance Professionals Academy is designed to provide a solid foundation of skills, knowledge, and an appreciation of the unique environment and dynamics of professional government finance practices in Illinois. Participants will gain a practical and relevant understanding of the fundamental concepts underlying state and local governmental accounting and reporting while engaging in networking opportunities throughout the two-day Academy.
Who Should Attend
- Professionals who work in government and public accounting with limited experience in governmental accounting and financial reporting
- New finance department personnel seeking an overview of government finance
- Non-finance professionals such as department heads and assistant department heads whose primary duties are unrelated to finance
- Elected officials unfamiliar with government finance
Learning Objectives: After attending this Academy, participants should be able to:
- Explain the basic principles of professional government finance
- Describe the need for internal controls in government
- Distinguish how to best present a professional image
- Identify the basic concepts of governmental accounting and financial reporting
- Recognize constraints on government resources and the importance of budgeting
- Identify primary best practices for government finance and access information about implementation of those practices
- Connect with peers to gather information about practices in other communities
Advanced preparation required: No advanced preparation required
Delivery method: Group-live
CPE program level: Overview
Field of Study: Finance
CPE credits : About 16 CPE hours
Courtyard by Marriott
1155 East Diehl Road
Naperville, IL 60563
800-321-2211 - ask for Courtyard Chicago Naperville and the Northern Illinois University Rate of $99 for the dates May 16, 17, 18
www.marriott.com - Reservations on-line use the NIU Rate Code: King - NIUJ and Queen Queen - NIUK
For other hotel accommodations visit, http://www.niu.edu/conferenceCenters/naperville/service_amenities/hotel_info/naperville_hotel_map_web.pdf
and request if they have a discount rate for attendees of events at NIU Naperville.
When will Level II classes be offered?
Level II classes will be offered throughout the year and at the Fall Academy November 15-16, 2016.
CPE hours: 16.00
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
- Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis
- Payment must be mailed in advance or made by credit card at the time of registration
- IGFOA Members are those individuals specifically listed in the IGFOA Membership Application or Renewal. IGFOA Government non-member rate applies to staff, appointed officials, and elected officials of a government with a current IGFOA membership
- IGFOA reserves the right to apply non-member fee to any individual that has not paid dues for the current year
- If you are unable to attend, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or email@example.com as soon as possible
- A $20 cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations up to May 9, 2016. Cancellations after May 9, 2016 and no-shows are responsible for the full tuition.
- IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full
- Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event
- If you have any questions regarding this seminar, cancellations, complaints, or refunds, please contact the IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.