Illinois Government Finance Professionals' Academy II - 2016
Tuesday, November 15, 2016–Wednesday, November 16, 2016
1120 E. Diehl Road
Map and directions
- Members $ 230.00 Before Nov 9, 2016 $ 250.00 Between Nov 9, 2016 and Nov 16, 2016 Members $ 250.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 250.00 Before Nov 9, 2016 $ 275.00 Between Nov 9, 2016 and Nov 16, 2016 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 275.00
- Non-members $ 275.00 Before Nov 9, 2016 $ 300.00 Between Nov 9, 2016 and Nov 16, 2016 Non-members $ 300.00
Registration for this event has closed.
The Illinois Government Finance Professionals Academy II will provide a detailed understanding of major revenues and expenditures, an appreciation of forecasting both revenues and expenditures, and knowledge of other responsibilities the Finance Department may be responsible for.
Learning Objectives, after attending this Academy, participants should be able to:
- Recognize major revenues and expenditures and how to forecast them
- Explain more efficient ways to collect and disburse funds
- Understand responsibilities of the Finance Department
- Identify due dates for the Finance Department
- Improve internal control and accountability
- Summarize new GASB Standards and how they will change the current financial reporting and accounting environment for local governments.
- Connect with peers to gather information about practices in other communities
Who Should Attend
- Professionals who work in government and public accounting with 1 – 5 years of experience in governmental accounting and financial reporting
- Finance department personnel seeking to gain a more in depth understanding of revenues and expenditures
- Public accounting personnel new to or with limited experience in government finance
Prerequisites: minimum 1 year's experience or completion of Level I Academy or equivalent training
Advanced preparation required: No advanced preparation required.
Delivery method: Group-live
CPE program level: Basic
Field of Study: Accounting (Governmental), Business Management and Organization, Finance
CPE credits at Level II Academy: About 14 CPE hours
CPE hours: 13.50
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
- Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis
- Payment must be mailed in advance or made by credit card at the time of registration
- IGFOA Members are those individuals specifically listed in the IGFOA Membership Application or Renewal. IGFOA Government non-member rate applies to staff, appointed officials, and elected officials of a government with a current IGFOA membership
- IGFOA reserves the right to apply non-member fee to any individual that has not paid dues for the current year
- If you are unable to attend, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible
- A $20 cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations up to November 9, 2016. Cancellations after November 9, 2016 and no-shows are responsible for the full tuition.
- IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full
- Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event
If you have any questions regarding this seminar, cancellations, complaints, or refunds, please contact the IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or email@example.com.
Directions - http://www.niu.edu/conferenceCenters/naperville/directions.shtml
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.