Rock River Region Networking Luncheon - Fund Accounting 101
Presented by the Downstate chapter
Tuesday, May 17, 2016, 12:00 PM–1:00 PM
610 N Bell School Rd
Map and directions
- Members $ 15.00 Before May 17, 2016 Members $ 15.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 15.00 Before May 17, 2016 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 15.00
- Non-members $ 20.00 Before May 17, 2016 Non-members $ 20.00
Registration for this event has closed.
Fund Accounting 101
This presentation will be geared toward small units of government and the volunteers or elected officers that make them function. It will be an entry-level discussion, not advanced accounting concepts. It is not geared toward professional finance officers in large taxing districts.
Guest speaker is Jason Askin, CPA, MBA, Sikich LLP. Jason has more than nine years of public accounting experience providing audit and accounting services for a variety of municipalities, park districts, and other governmental entities.
A few questions to ponder:
- How many checking accounts do you have? How many do you really need?
- Is it possible (or legal) to use the same bank account for more than one fund?
- What could be gained by pooling cash from multiple funds in the same bank account?
- Can I simplify my investments by pooling cash?
- What problems might be encountered?
- What software or other tools are needed?
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card. Payments will not be accepted the day of the event.
IGFOA Members are those Public Sector and Associate individuals specifically listed in the IGFOA Membership Application or Renewal. IGFOA Government non-member rate applies to staff, appointed officials, and elected officials of a government with a current IGFOA membership. If you have questions about your membership, contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year. If you are unable to attend, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda, cancel the event due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA Downstate Chapter cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event. By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.