Illinois Government Finance Professionals' Academy II
Wednesday, June 20, 2018–Thursday, June 21, 2018
217 N. Neil
Champaign, IL 61820
Map and directions
- Members $ 225.00 Before Jun 20, 2018 $ 235.00 Between Jun 20, 2018 and Jun 21, 2018 Members $ 235.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 225.00 Before Jun 20, 2018 $ 235.00 Between Jun 20, 2018 and Jun 21, 2018 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 235.00
- Non-members $ 240.00 Before Jun 20, 2018 $ 250.00 Between Jun 20, 2018 and Jun 21, 2018 Non-members $ 250.00
Registration for this event has closed.
The Illinois Government Finance Professionals Academy II will provide the tools to identify and forecast revenues and expenditures for budget and monitoring purposes; explore common fraud schemes; offer an update on banking best practices; demonstrate how to use the CAFR as a resource; examine the bond issuance process; learn ways to source strategically, spend wisely, save money; and discuss career advancement steps. Participants will have the opportunity to connect with their peers to gather information about practices in other communities throughout the two-day Academy.
AGENDA, SPEAKERS, AND LEARNING OBJECTIVES
• Forecasting and Monitoring Municipal Revenues
• Pension 101: What Every Finance Professional Needs to Know About Firefighter and Police Pension Funds
• Could Your Organization Be A Victim of Fraud?
• Best Practices in Banking: What are They and How to Use Them
• Your CAFR as a Resource
• Simplifying Labor and Benefits Expenditures
• Debt Issuance – The Process and Players
• Basic Legal Requirements on Municipal Bond Issues
• Purchasing for Finance Managers
• Preparing for the Next Step in Your Career
Who Should Attend:
• Professionals who work in government and public accounting with 1 – 5 years of experience in governmental accounting and financial reporting
• Finance department personnel seeking to gain a more in depth understanding of revenues and expenditures
• Public accounting personnel new to or with limited experience in government finance
Advanced preparation required: No advanced preparation required
Delivery method: Group-live
CPE program level: Overview
Field of Study: Accounting (Governmental) - Technical, Finance - Technical, Personal Development - Non-Technical
CPE credits : About 14 CPE hours
HYATT PLACE, 217 N. Neil Street, Champaign, IL 61820
A block of overnight rooms have been reserved for June 19 and June 20. Please reserve your room online at http://champaign.place.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html?corp_id=G-IGFA. The group code is G-IGFA. If you call the hotel directly at 1-217-531-2800 to make a reservation, please mention the group code G-IGFA.
CPE hours: 14.00
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy below.
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
IGFOA Members are those Public Sector and Partner or Associate individuals specifically listed in the IGFOA Membership Application or Renewal. IGFOA Government Member Staff rate applies to staff, appointed officials, and elected officials of a government with a current IGFOA membership. If you have questions about your membership, contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
If you are unable to attend, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or email@example.com . A $25 cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations up to June 13, 2018. Cancellations after June 13, 2018 and no-shows are responsible for the full tuition.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda, cancel the event due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full.
Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event. By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.