Tools for Improving Communication of the Budget to the Public
Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 10:00 AM–11:30 AM
- Members $ 55.00 Before Aug 13, 2018 Members $ 55.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 65.00 Before Aug 13, 2018 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 65.00
- Non-members $ 80.00 Before Aug 13, 2018 Non-members $ 80.00
Registration for this event has closed.
This webinar will provide information and strategies for incorporating best practices facilitating broader consumption and greater comprehension of the annual budget document.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
1. Identify opportunities for making your budget document more easily understood.
2. Develop strategies for creating a “Budget-in-Brief” publication and other supplemental exhibits.
3. Learn methods for gathering resources and references to assist in modifying your budget document.
4. Acquire strategies for equipping elected officials and senior management team members to more effectively communicate the budget.
* Brian W. Caputo, Ph.D., C.P.A., Board Member, Governmental Accounting Standards Board and
Vice President for Administrative Affairs & Chief Financial Officer, College of DuPage
* David Erb, Finance Director, Village of Mount Prospect
Intended Audience: Finance Directors, Budget Officers and others responsible for preparing the annual municipal budget
Delivery method: Group Internet Based
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Finance - Technical
Earn about 1.50 CPE credit
CPE hours: 1.50
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
IGFOA Members are those Public Sector and Partner or Associate individuals specifically listed in the IGFOA Membership Application or Renewal. IGFOA Government non-member rate applies to staff, appointed officials, and elected officials of a government with a current IGFOA membership. If you have questions about your membership, contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
If you are unable to attend, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. A $20 cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations up to August 10, 2018. Cancellations after August 10, 2018 and no-shows are responsible for the full tuition.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda, cancel the event due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full.
Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event. By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.