Technical Accounting Review Committee Meeting
Wednesday, January 10, 2018, 2:00 PM–4:30 PM
Village of Glen Ellyn
535 Duane Street
Glen Ellyn, IL
Map and directions
Registration for this event has closed.
Intended Audience: IGFOA TARC Committee Members. Interested in participating in the TARC Committee, contact the IGFOA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Technical Accounting Review Committee monitors and comments on activities and rulings of the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB). The committee provides testimony on GASB standards and educates the IGFOA membership on those standards. This meeting will discuss the three documents below.
- Accounting for Interest Cost during the Period of Construction
(Comment Deadline: March 5, 2018)
November 20, 2017 (Approved by Board)
- Implementation Guide No. 201Y-X, Implementation Guidance Update—201Y
(Comment Deadline: February 16, 2018)
November 20, 2017 (Cleared by Board)
- Accounting and Financial Reporting for Majority Equity Interests—an amendment of GASB Statement No. 14
(Comment Deadline: January 19, 2018)
November 1, 2017 (Approved by the Board)
• Review, discuss and develop responses to GASB Exposure Draft on Accounting and Financial Reporting for Majority Equity Interests – An Amendment of GASB Statement No. 14
• Review, discuss and develop responses to GASB Exposure Draft on the Implementation Guide 201Y-X
• Review, discuss and develop responses to GASB Exposure Draft on Accounting for Interest Cost during the Period of Construction
• Expand your familiarity of the accounting and financial reporting challenges faced by local governments in Illinois as a result of new accounting standards through interaction with fellow accounting and finance professionals
Delivery method: Group-Live
Program Level: Advanced
Prerequisites: IGFOA TARC Committee Member
Field of Study: Accounting (Governmental) - Technical
Advanced Preparation: none
CPE: Earn about 1.0 CPE
CPE hours: 1.00
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
Open to TARC Members. If you have any questions regarding this seminar, cancellations, complaints, or refunds, please contact the IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or email@example.com.