Intermediate Governmental Accounting Seminar
Wednesday, June 19, 2019–Thursday, June 20, 2019
1120 E. Diehl Road
Naperville, Illinois 60563
Map and directions
- Members $ 225.00 Before Jun 13, 2019 $ 235.00 Between Jun 13, 2019 and Jun 18, 2019 Members $ 235.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 230.00 Before Jun 13, 2019 $ 240.00 Between Jun 13, 2019 and Jun 18, 2019 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 240.00
- Non-members $ 250.00 Before Jun 13, 2019 $ 260.00 Between Jun 13, 2019 and Jun 18, 2019 Non-members $ 260.00
Registration for this event has closed.
This hands on seminar will provide participants with a solid knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the governmental accounting environment and how to apply those standards to all types of units of government in Illinois. Emphasis will be placed on understanding both the theory behind the principles via live lectures as well as the practical application and implementation of those principles using learning reinforcement tools.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the twelve basic principles of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the governmental accounting environment.
- Understand the convergence of budgets and reporting.
- Acquire extensive insight into governmental fund revenue recognition for exchange and non-exchange transactions, expenditure recognition for fund liabilities and expense liabilities for governmental activities.
- Learn debt service fund and long-term debt accounting, including accounting for refunding transactions.
- Understand capital asset accounting and reporting requirements.
- Understand the differences in accounting for proprietary funds.
Frederick G. Lantz, CPA, Partner-in-Charge, Government Services, Sikich LLP
Bill Hannah, Finance Director/Treasurer, Village of North Aurora
Intended Audience: Finance Professionals
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Accounting (Governmental) - Technical
Earn About 14.0 CPE credit
NIU Naperville is easily accessible from Interstates 88 and 355, just 27 miles from both O'Hare International Airport and Midway International Airport, and less than five miles from the Metra Train Station. For a list of hotels near NIU Naperville, visit https://www.niu.edu/conferenceCenters/naperville/service_amenities/hotel_info/naperville-hotel-map.pdf
CPE hours: 14.00
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.