Illinois Government Finance Professionals' Academy I
Wednesday, March 20, 2019–Thursday, March 21, 2019
NIU Naperville, 1120 E. Diehl Road, Naperville, Illinois 60563 Map »
- Members $200.00 Before Mar 19, 2019
- Government / Partner Colleagues $225.00 Before Mar 19, 2019
- Non-members $300.00 Before Mar 19, 2019
Registration for this event has closed.
The Illinois Government Finance Professionals Academy is designed to provide a solid foundation of skills, knowledge, and an appreciation of the unique environment and dynamics of professional government finance practices in Illinois. Participants will gain a practical and relevant understanding of the fundamental concepts underlying state and local governmental accounting and reporting while engaging in networking opportunities throughout the two-day Academy.
• ABC’s of Governmental Budgeting
• Banking Basics and Tools for the Finance Professional
• Basics of Investing
• Cyber Security, What Every Finance Professional Needs to Know
• Governmental Accounting Overview
• Local Government Reporting Due Dates
• Pension Primer
• Perfect Procurement Policies and Procedures
• Principles of Professional Government Finance
• Purchasing Fundamentals for Finance Managers
• Revenue Overview
• What Make a Good Finance Director
AGENDA and SESSION DESCRIPTIONS(download pdf document)
Who Should Attend
• Professionals who work in government and public accounting with limited experience in governmental accounting and financial reporting
• New finance department personnel seeking an overview of government finance
• Non-finance professionals such as department heads and assistant department heads whose primary duties are unrelated to finance
• Elected officials unfamiliar with government finance
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to: (download pdf document)
Advanced preparation required: No advanced preparation required
Delivery method: Group-live
CPE program level: Overview
Field of Study: Accounting (Governmental)-Technical, Finance -Technical, Regulatory Ethics - Non-Techncial, Information Technology-Technical, Personal Development-Non-Technical
CPE credits : About 15 CPE hours
NIU Naperville is easily accessible from Interstates 88 and 355, just 27 miles from both O'Hare International Airport and Midway International Airport, and less than five miles from the Metra Train Station. For a list of hotels near NIU Naperville, visit https://www.niu.edu/conferenceCenters/naperville/service_amenities/hotel_info/naperville-hotel-map.pdf
CPE hours: 15.00
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about your membership, contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.