GATA How to Comply with the New Reporting Requirements
Thursday, February 7, 2019, 10:00 AM–2:00 PM
Chicago Marriott Naperville
1801 Naper Blvd
Naperville, IL 60563
Map and directions
- Members $ 75.00 Before Feb 1, 2019 $ 85.00 Between Feb 1, 2019 and Feb 5, 2019 Members $ 85.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 85.00 Before Feb 1, 2019 $ 95.00 Between Feb 1, 2019 and Feb 5, 2019 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 95.00
- Non-members $ 100.00 Before Feb 1, 2019 $ 110.00 Between Feb 1, 2019 and Feb 5, 2019 Non-members $ 110.00
Online registration is not available for this event.
The Grant Accountability and Transparency Act (GATA), 30 ILCS 708/1 et seq., is landmark legislation that hopes to increase accountability and transparency in the use of grant funds in Illinois while reducing the administrative burden on both State agencies and grantees through adoption of the federal grant guidance and regulations codified at 2 CFR Part 200 (Uniform Requirements). Pursuant to the Act, the Grant Accountability and Transparency Unit (GATU) has been established in the Governor’s Office of Management and Budget. GATU is charged with implementation of the Act in coordination with State grant-making agencies and grantees. This session will focus on the grantee reporting requirements of GATA, presented by representatives of GATU.
Carol A. Kraus, CPA, Director of the Grant Accountability and Transparency Unit, Governor’s Office of Management and Budget (GOMB)
Lori Beeler, CPA, Manager of the Grant Accountability and Transparency Unit, Governor’s Office of Management and Budget (GOMB)
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
- Understand why GATA was adopted and the overall requirements
- Determine if your government is required to report under GATA
- Understand the audit requirements for engaging an auditor under GATA
- Develop an understanding of the electronic filing system (portal) for GATA
- Understand how to prepare and print the Consolidated Year-End Financial Report (CYEFR) through the Portal
- Gain a basic understanding of the various deadlines and due dates applicable to Illinois municipalities
- Learn the potential ramifications for failing to meet the required deadlines.
Delivery method: Group-Live
Program Level: Basic
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Accounting (Governmental) - Techncial
Earn about 3.0 CPE Credits
Check-in begins at 9:30 AM and the Seminar will start at 10:00 AM.
CPE hours: 3.60
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
IGFOA Members are those Public Sector and Partner or Associate individuals specifically listed in the IGFOA Membership Application or Renewal. IGFOA Government Staff rate applies to staff, appointed officials, and elected officials of a government with a current IGFOA membership.
If you are unable to attend, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. A $10 cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations up to January 25, 2019. Cancellations after January 25, 2019 and no-shows are responsible for the full tuition.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda, cancel the event due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.