Rock River Region Luncheon - State of Cybersecurity
Presented by the Downstate chapter
Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 12:00 PM–1:00 PM
Tavern on Clark
755 Clark Drive
Rockford, IL 61104
Map and directions
- Members $ 20.00 Before Aug 20, 2019 Members $ 20.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 20.00 Before Aug 20, 2019 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 20.00
- Non-members $ 25.00 Before Aug 20, 2019 Non-members $ 25.00
Registration for this event has closed.
State of Cybersecurity
This session will cover Current Trends and Threats as it relates to Cybersecurity. A live hacking demonstration will be performed that provides an introduction to common offensive security tools to target physical access (RFID badges) and multi factor authentication.
Speaker: Patrick Flanigan, CISSP, CEH | Manager, Plante Moran
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
1. Cover recent trends of Cybersecurity
2. Learn about phishing email threats and compare various types of 2 factor authentication
3. View a live hacking demonstration using common tools and offensive security typically used during a penetration test.
Intended Audience: Users of and Individuals responsible for the data protection and cybersecurity of an organization
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Information Technology - Technical
Earn About 1.0 CPE credit
CPE hours: 1.00
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• Cancellation policy for chapter events may differ from this policy at the chapters’ discretion.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.