Prevailing Wage Act
Tuesday, March 12, 2019, 12:00 PM–1:00 PM
- Members $ 30.00 Before Mar 11, 2019 Members $ 30.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 35.00 Before Mar 11, 2019 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 35.00
- Non-members $ 40.00 Before Mar 11, 2019 Non-members $ 40.00
Registration for this event has closed.
This session will discuss the challenges faced by local units of government when procuring services that require prevailing wage. It will review the requirements of the act, the responsibility of notifying bidders, and the post-contract monitoring of the certified payroll. It will also provide examples of different software solutions for managing compliance with the act.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
- Understand the requirement of the Prevailing Wage Act.
- Discuss the challenges of procuring services that require prevailing wage.
- Review the requirements of notifying bidders and post contract payroll monitoring.
- Explore software solutions to manage compliance with the Act.
Speaker: RuthAnne K. Hall, CPPO, Purchasing Manager, Lake County, IL
Intended Audience: Finance Professionals
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Finance-Technical
Earn About 1.0 CPE credit
CPE hours: 1.00
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.