Quad Cities Finance Lunch Crunch - The Ups and Downs at Work
Presented by the Downstate chapter
Thursday, March 14, 2019, 11:45 AM–1:00 PM
Johnny's Steak House
1300 River Drive
Map and directions
- Members $ 20.00 Before Mar 13, 2019 Members $ 20.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 20.00 Before Mar 13, 2019 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 20.00
- Non-members $ 25.00 Before Mar 13, 2019 Non-members $ 25.00
Registration for this event has closed.
The Ups and Downs at Work – A Self-Coaching Approach
The workplace has many ups and downs. Sometimes work feels like a whirlwind of haphazard decision-making and other times a force for great accomplishment. We work on a continuum – moving between the glow of participation and goal achievement to feelings of suffering and being unengaged.
What to Expect:
- A lively and thought-provoking event
- A reality check regarding the normal workplace (i.e., it’s not just you)
- A framework for building and living with a fresh and useful perspective
- A place to learn and contribute
Speaker: Peter Burchard, Multi-sector Speaker, Trainer and Advisor, Peter Burchard, LLC.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
- Gain Awareness: In clear language, participants will learn about the speaker’s perspective on two troublesome characteristics of the workplace: 1) a poor level of employee engagement and 2) leader defensiveness.
- Obtain a Fresh Personal Perspective: Participants will be challenged with regard to how their perspective either perpetuates what’s wrong or better what’s possible.
- Take Away a Model for All: Participants will leave with a “Go-to” model for building and sustaining a meaningful self and workplace.
Intended Audience: Finance Professionals
Delivery method: Group Live
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Personal Development - Non-Technical
Earn about 1.00 CPE credit
Menu Selections(Select one and enter in the "Special Notes" section of the registration form)
1. THE JOHNNY
Grilled chicken breast and sliced tomato topped with Johnny’s own Caesar salad and crisp prosciutto on grilled sourdough. This sandwich is worthy of the namesake. Served with chips, garlic fries or coleslaw.
2. CHOPHOUSE REUBEN
Shaved Pastrami, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, Thousand Island dressing, grilled artisan marble rye. Served with chips, garlic fries or coleslaw.
3. JOHNNY'S ULTIMATE ITALIAN BEEF
Shaved prime rib, grilled peppers and onions, spicy giardiniera and provolone on a toasted baguette. Served with chips, garlic fries or coleslaw.
4. JOHNNY'S STEAKHOUSE BURGER
Cheddar cheese, bacon, fried onion strings and house-made steak sauce. Served with chips, garlic fries or coleslaw.
5. FOUR CHEESE RAVIOLI
Ravioli, basil pesto, Parmesan, Johnny’s own marinara sauce.
6. SUPPERCLUB SPINACH
Tender spinach topped with sun-dried tomatoes, sweet toasted pecans, crispy prosciutto and hard cooked egg with johnny’s famous hot bacon dressing.
Boutique greens, tri-colored apples, gorgonzola cheese, sweet toasted pecans, waldorf dressing.
CPE hours: 1.00
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.