GASB Statement No. 84, Fiduciary Activities - Lunch Crunch Webinar
Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 12:00 PM–1:00 PM
- Members $ 30.00 Before Nov 18, 2019 Members $ 30.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 35.00 Before Nov 18, 2019 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 35.00
- Non-members $ 40.00 Before Nov 18, 2019 Non-members $ 40.00
Registration for this event has closed.
The Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) released a pronouncement on Fiduciary Activities that changes the definitions of fiduciary funds, which fiduciary activities to include in the primary government’s financial statements and what is reported for certain fiduciary funds. The IGFOA Technical Accounting Review Committee (TARC), in conjunction with the Illinois CPA Society, has prepared a draft of a white paper to assist Illinois governments in implementing this pronouncement.
During the Fall of 2019, GASB has been deliberating on topics that may impact the implementation of this pronouncement and the TARC White Paper. This session will update participants with the latest implementation guidance from IGFOA and GASB and review a sample implementation from an Illinois government.
Christina Coyle, CPA, Finance Director, Village of Glen Ellyn, IGFOA – TARC Chair
Frederick G. Lantz, CPA, Partner-in-Charge, Government Services, Sikich LLP
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
1. Providing participants with a detailed understanding of the definition of fiduciary funds,
2. Understanding the types of fiduciary activities to be reported in the future,
3. Identifying what custodial funds are used for and how to report custodial funds,
4. How the new pronouncements will impact reporting of pension plans, OPEB plans, other employee benefit plans and funds held for others.
Intended Audience: Finance Professionals
Delivery method: Group Internet Based
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Accounting (Governmental) - Technical
Earn about 1.00 CPE credit
CPE hours: 1.20
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.