Quad Cities Finance Lunch Crunch - Overseeing Your Investment Program - Best Practices for Fiduciaries
Presented by the Downstate chapter
Thursday, October 3, 2019, 11:45 AM–1:00 PM
Johnny's Italian Steakhouse
1300 River Drive
Moline, IL 61265
Map and directions
- Members $ 20.00 Before Oct 2, 2019 Members $ 20.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 20.00 Before Oct 2, 2019 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 20.00
- Non-members $ 25.00 Before Oct 2, 2019 Non-members $ 25.00
Governments officials have a fiduciary responsibility in managing their funds. While different types and sizes of governments require differing levels of complexity in their investment programs, all government officials need to recognize their fiduciary duty. This session will detail the steps needed in order to develop or refine your investment program in order to effectively set policy, make decisions, and safeguard taxpayer dollars.
Michelle Binns, Senior Managing Consultant, PFM Asset Management LLC
Spiro Hountalas, Senior Managing Consultant, PFM Asset Management LLC
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
1) The steps needed to develop an effective investment program.
2) How to review and revise your Investment Policy to ensure its meeting your investment goals.
3) How the current interest rate environment can affect your strategy going forward.
Intended Audience: Finance Professionals
Delivery method: Group Live
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Finance-Technical
Earn about 1.00 CPE credit
Menu Selections(Select one and enter in the "Special Notes" section of the registration form)
1. THE JOHNNY
Grilled chicken breast and sliced tomato topped with Johnny’s own Caesar salad and crisp prosciutto on grilled sourdough. This sandwich is worthy of the namesake. Served with chips, garlic fries or coleslaw.
2. CHOPHOUSE REUBEN
Shaved Pastrami, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, Thousand Island dressing, grilled artisan marble rye. Served with chips, garlic fries or coleslaw.
3. JOHNNY'S ULTIMATE ITALIAN BEEF
Shaved prime rib, grilled peppers and onions, spicy giardiniera and provolone on a toasted baguette. Served with chips, garlic fries or coleslaw.
4. JOHNNY'S STEAKHOUSE BURGER
Cheddar cheese, bacon, fried onion strings and house-made steak sauce. Served with chips, garlic fries or coleslaw.
5. FOUR CHEESE RAVIOLI
Ravioli, basil pesto, Parmesan, Johnny’s own marinara sauce.
6. SUPPERCLUB SPINACH
Tender spinach topped with sun-dried tomatoes, sweet toasted pecans, crispy prosciutto and hard cooked egg with johnny’s famous hot bacon dressing.
Boutique greens, tri-colored apples, gorgonzola cheese, sweet toasted pecans, waldorf dressing.
CPE hours: 1.00
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• Cancellation policy for chapter events may differ from this policy at the chapters’ discretion.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about your membership, contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.