Technical Accounting Review Committee Meeting
Wednesday, July 24, 2019, 2:00 PM–4:00 PM
CM Services, Inc.
800 Roosevelt Road, Building C - Suite 312
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Map and directions
Registration for this event has closed.
Intended Audience: IGFOA TARC Committee Members. Interested in participating in the TARC Committee, contact the IGFOA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Technical Accounting Review Committee monitors and comments on activities and rulings of the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB). The committee provides testimony on GASB standards and educates the IGFOA membership on those standards.
1. Update on GASB 84 for Police and Fire Pension – Next Steps
2. Subscription-Based Information Technology Arrangements (Comment Deadline: August 23, 2019)
3. Public-Private and Public-Public Partnerships and Availability Payment Arrangements (Comment Deadline: September 13, 2019)
4. Internal Revenue Code Section 457 Deferred Compensation Plans That Meet the Definition of a Pension Plan and Supersession of GASB Statement 32 (Comment Deadline: September 27, 2019)
Learning Objectives – This meeting is eligible for CPE credit
- Review, discuss GASB Statements and their applicability to Illinois governments.
- Expand your familiarity of the accounting and financial reporting challenges faced by local governments in Illinois as a result of new accounting standards through interaction with fellow accounting and finance professionals
Delivery method: Group-Live
Program Level: Advanced
Prerequisites: IGFOA TARC Committee Member
Field of Study: Accounting (Governmental) - Technical
Advanced Preparation: none
CPE: Earn about 2.0 CPE Credits
CPE hours: 2.00
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
Open to IGFOA TARC Members. If you have any questions regarding this seminar, cancellations, complaints, or refunds, please contact the IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or email@example.com.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.