2019 Illinois Public Pension Institute II – Ethics: AM Session
Thursday, November 14, 2019, 8:25 AM–12:10 PM
1120 East Diehl Road
Naperville, Naperville 60563
Map and directions
- Members $ 60.00 Before Nov 13, 2019 Members $ 60.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 65.00 Before Nov 13, 2019 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 65.00
- Non-members $ 70.00 Before Nov 13, 2019 Non-members $ 70.00
Registration for this event has closed.
AM Session – 2019 Illinois Public Pension Institute II
ETHICAL LEADERSHIP - THE BUILDING BLOCK OF ORGANIZATIONAL TRUST (8:25 AM - 12:10 PM)
Speaker: David Limardi, Managing Director, Limardi Consulting LLC
For the agenda, click here.
Description: Trust facilitates the democratic process and trust in government is alarmingly low. An ethical organizational structure is imperative to building and maintaining trust and to long term organizational success. Ethical organizational leadership is the answer to increasing and maintaining trust in government organizations as well as maintaining the engagement and commitment of those involved in the work of the organization. It requires the organizational leader to commit to the study and development of ethical standards of behavior which are clearly communicated to those within the organization. Research has shown that organizational leaders who communicate and promote an ethical organizational structure reduce unethical practices and behaviors by those working in the organization. This presentation will pursue specific learning objectives designed to assist organizational leaders intent on building trust through an ethical organizational structure. The presentation will be interactive and seek the input of attendees on the information presented.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
- Distinguish between what ethics is and is not
- Understand the importance of ethical behavior and trust in government organizations
- Learn about setting standards of ethical behavior
- Explore the roots of ethical and ethical behavior
- Become familiar with ethical development models for organizations
- Gain insight on shared values and an ethical culture
- Understand your ethical lenses
- Develop a framework for ethical decision-making
Intended Audience: Finance Directors, Managers, Administrators, Accountants, Assistant Managers, Assistant Finance Directors, Pension Board Trustees, and professional staff and officials required to meet the IL Department of Insurance annual public pension trustee continuing education requirements for 8 hours of annual ethics training or interested in local government pension issues.
Delivery method: Group Live
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Behavioral Ethics - Non-Technical
Earn about 4.00 CPE for each the AM and PM sessions
Earn about 8.00 CPE credit (attending full day)
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agendas and/or speakers, cancel the trainings due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full.
CPE hours: 4.00
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
- No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
- For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
- For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
- A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
- Cancellation policy for chapter events may differ from this policy at the chapters’ discretion.
- A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.