Quad Cities Holiday Luncheon - 2019 Legislative Update
Presented by the Downstate chapter
Thursday, December 12, 2019, 11:30 AM–1:30 PM
Bass Street Chop House
1601 River Drive
Moline, IL 61265
Map and directions
- Members $ 25.00 Before Dec 14, 2019 Members $ 25.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 25.00 Before Dec 14, 2019 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 25.00
- Non-members $ 30.00 Before Dec 14, 2019 Non-members $ 30.00
Registration for this event has closed.
Join your colleagues at the Quad Cities Holiday Luncheon! Participants will hear updates on State legislative matters relevant to Illinois local governments. Guest speaker is Bill McCarty, Director - Office of Budget and Management with the City of Springfield, IGFOA Treasurer and IGFOA Legislative Committee Chair.
11:30 AM - Check-in and Networking
12:00 PM - Luncheon
12:30 PM - Presentation
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session should be able to:
- Gain knowledge of new Illinois Public Acts significantly affecting local governments.
- Understand the outcomes of the most recent Veto Session in the Illinois General Assembly and whether those outcomes may significantly impact local governments.
- Become familiar with the status of Downstate Pension reform and the potential for some form of consolidation.
- Explore ongoing State budget issues and how Illinois local government revenues may be affected.
Delivery Method: Group-Live
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Finance - Technical
Earn About 1.0 CPE credit
CPE hours: 1.20
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• Cancellation policy for chapter events may differ from this policy at the chapters’ discretion.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.