Downstate Chapter Conference - 2020
Presented by the Downstate chapter
Thursday, February 27, 2020–Friday, February 28, 2020
Hilton Garden Inn Champaign Urbana
1501 S Neil St
Champaign, IL 61820
Map and directions
- Members $ 150.00 Before Feb 24, 2020 Members $ 150.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 150.00 Before Feb 24, 2020 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 150.00
- Non-members $ 250.00 Before Feb 24, 2020 Non-members $ 250.00
Registration for this event has closed.
(please note that this registration includes attendance at the Mystery Fraud Dinner)
* Understanding Behavioral Styles – Building Productive and Impactful Relationships
Speaker: Loren Sanders, Senior Manager, Enterprise Learning and Development at CVS Health
*Economic and Illinois Market Update
Brian Hextell, Senior V.P. Institutional Portfolio Manager, Prudent Man Advisors, Inc.
Erik Stolz, Institutional Investment Sales Manager, PMA Financial Network, Inc.
*The Process of Issuing Bonds for an Illinois City or Village
James M. Snyder, Partner, Ice Miller LLP
Kathy Thomas, Municipal Disclosure Administrator, IceMiller LLP
Robert P. Vail, Director of Public Finance, Bernardi Securities,Inc.
Kevin Wills, Investment Banking Specialist, Bernardi Securities, Inc.
*Overseeing Your Investment Program - Best Practices for Fiduciaries
Michelle Binns, Senior Managing Consultant, PFM Asset Management LLC
Spiro Hountalas, Senior Managing Consultant, PFM Asset Management LLC
*Boosting Strategic Thinking – Readiness for the Pace of Change
Speaker: Greg Kuhn, PhD, Associate Director, NIU Center for Governmental Studies
*Flip, Flop & Fraud – Mystery Fraud Dinner
Speaker: Tim Hungerford, CPA, CIA, CFE, CMA, CISA, CGAP, CFM, Owner of Hungerford Vinton, LLC
*Understanding the Impact of Ethics and Fraud in Your Organization
Speaker: Hope Wheeler, CPA, Principal, Clifton Larson Allen LLP
Speaker: William D. McCarty II, Director – Office of Budget and Management, City of Springfield, IGFOA Treasurer and Legislative Committee Chair
Delivery method: Group-Live
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Personal Development - Non-Technical; Finance – Technical; Business Management & Organization – Non-Technical; Auditing (Governmental) - Technical; Behavioral Ethics - Non-Technical
Earn about 12.0 CPE Credits
Hilton Garden Inn Champaign Urbana
1501 S. Neil Street, Champaign, IL 61820
A block of rooms has been reserved for February 27, 2020 . The special room rate of $102.00 plus tax will be available until February 10, 2020. Be sure to mention GROUP CODE: IGFOA2.
For reservations call (217) 352-9970 and indicate you are with the Downstate IGFOA Conference or click on the link below to book your room in the Downstate IGFOA Conference block.
CPE hours: 12.50
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• Cancellation policy for chapter events may differ from this policy at the chapters’ discretion.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.