Chicago Metro Chapter Lunch and Learn - Leading an Efficient Audit
Presented by the Chicago metro chapter
Chicago metro chapter
Thursday, January 16, 2020, 11:30 AM–1:00 PM
Arlington Heights Village Hall
33 S. Arlington Heights Road
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
Map and directions
- Members $ 20.00 Before Jan 15, 2020 Members $ 20.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 20.00 Before Jan 15, 2020 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 20.00
- Non-members $ 30.00 Before Jan 15, 2020 Non-members $ 30.00
Registration for this event has closed.
- 11:30 AM: Registration and Networking
- 11:50 AM: Lunch
- 12:10 PM-1:00 PM: Presentation
Don’t miss the first Illinois Government Finance Officers Association Chicago Metro Chapter Lunch and Learn of the year. Learn from experienced auditors and seasoned professionals on improving your auditing process. Lunch will be provided by Panera. Representatives from BKD, a leading auditing firm, will be providing an update on ASU standards effective for 2020, tips for developing an audit timeline, and benefits of an efficient close process.
John Cutrera, Director, BKD, LLP
Kimberly Marshall, Director, BKD, LLP
Anthony Fashoda, Assistant Finance Director, Village of Hoffman Estates
Rob Frederickson, Finance Director, United City of Yorkville
Learning Objectives – Participants completing this session will be able to:
- Obtain an update on ASU standards effective for the year (local government)
- Learn tips for developing an audit timeline
- Explore benefits of an efficient close process
- Apply tips for audit efficiency (learning from practitioners; other tips – self review, etc.)
Intended Audience: Finance Professionals
Delivery method: Group Live
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Auditing (Governmental)
Earn about 1.00 CPE credit
CPE hours: 1.20
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• Cancellation policy for chapter events may differ from this policy at the chapters’ discretion.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about your membership, contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.