Advanced Governmental Accounting
Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 8:30 AM–4:30 PM
1120 E. Diehl Road
Map and directions
- Members $ 130.00 Before Jul 7, 2020 $ 140.00 Between Jul 7, 2020 and Jul 13, 2020 Members $ 140.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 140.00 Before Jul 7, 2020 $ 150.00 Between Jul 7, 2020 and Jul 13, 2020 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 150.00
- Non-members $ 150.00 Before Jul 7, 2020 $ 160.00 Between Jul 7, 2020 and Jul 13, 2020 Non-members $ 160.00
This hands on seminar will provide participants with an advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the governmental accounting environment and how to apply those standards to all types of units of government in Illinois. Emphasis will be placed on understanding both the theory behind the principles via live lectures as well as the practical application and implementation of those principles using learning reinforcement tools
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
1. Develop an advanced understanding of the various pronouncements covering accounting and reporting for cash and investments, including the application of risk disclosures related to deposits and investments.
2. Apply the reporting entity criteria to various potential component units
3. Develop an advanced knowledge of capital asset accounting and reporting requirements.
4. Apply the new standards for accounting and reporting for debt issues
Christina Coyle, CPA, Finance Director Village of Glen Ellyn, IL
Frederick Lantz, CPA, Partner, Government Services, Sikich, LLP
Christine Torres, CPA, Partner, Crowe Horwath
Delivery method: Group-Live
Program Level: Advanced
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Accounting (Governmental) - Technical
Earn about 8.0 CPE Credits
CPE hours: 8.00
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• Cancellation policy for chapter events may differ from this policy at the chapters’ discretion.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about your membership, contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.