Rock River Region Luncheon
Presented by the Downstate chapter
Tuesday, August 18, 2020, 12:00 PM–1:00 PM
Tavern on Clark
755 Clark Drive
Rockford, IL 61104
Map and directions
- Members $ 20.00 Before Aug 17, 2020 Members $ 20.00
- Government / Partner Colleagues $ 20.00 Before Aug 17, 2020 Government / Partner Colleagues $ 20.00
- Non-members $ 25.00 Before Aug 17, 2020 Non-members $ 25.00
THE IGFOA Downstate Chapter - Rock River Region, is sponsoring a lunch & learn in compliance with Phase 4 guidelines of Governor Pritzker's Restore Illinois plan. Accordingly, face masks are required upon entering and departing the Tavern on Clark. Registration is limited to 20 to allow for proper social distancing.
This session will give a useful review of banks and how you can evaluate the banks you work with. We will go over a general background of banks and their regulation and the abundance of available information available to the public through bank examination/regulation. The session will provide an overview of the regulatory CAMELS framework, explaining important things to look for. Online resources will be identified. There are also private companies that provide bank evaluation services at a range of price points.
We will explore 3 well known firms: VERIBANC Inc., Bauer Financial Publishing and IDC Financial Publishing, and give an overview of the reports available. Sometimes, a competitive procurement process (RFI, RFQ, or RFP) is required to get an accurate survey and evaluation of bank providers. We will review the steps of the “RF” process and review the GFOA Best Practice “Procurement of Banking Services.” Finally we will review the importance of collateralization for public deposits and review what governments should keep in mind in considering collateral. If there is time, we will give a quick market overview.
Speaker: Sofia Anastopoulos, CFA, Executive Director, Illinois Metropolitan Investment Fund (IMET)
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
1. Know where to find information on banks FDIC, FFEIC sites,
2. Know the components of the CAMELS bank evaluation framework,
3. Identify three firms that provide bank evaluation and ratings reports,
4. Identify Various Reports the Bank Evaluators Provide,
5. Understand the GFOA Best Practice: Procurement of Bank Services,
6. Understand the Steps in the RFP Process,
7. Develop a Bank RFP,
8. Understand Important Issues About Collateral, Overcollateralization, type, valuation frequency, custody and
9. Know What Needs to Take Place to Perfect A Government’s Interest in its Collateral.
Delivery method: Group-Live
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Finance - Technical
Earn about 1.0 CPE Credits
CPE hours: 1.00
For more information
Registration and cancellation policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• Cancellation policy for chapter events may differ from this policy at the chapters’ discretion.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
Illinois Government Finance Officers Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.